Chapter 26- Jealousy

Start from the beginning

"It's okay Mikey," she says batting her eyelashes.

Mikey? Oh no.

"So what were my two favorite girls talking about?" He asks.

"Well I was just telling Alondra how I think you both make the cutest couple and I love you two being together," she says.

"Aww, isn't she so wonderful sweetheart?" He asks, taking my hand in his.

"Sure," I mumble, playing with the food just served us minutes earlier.

I slip my hand out of his and look down. He leans into my ear.

"What's the matter?"

"Nothing." I answer. He grabs my hand again, tightly.

"Excuse us Tati," he smiles at her before yanking me out of my seat and into the closest private room.

"Tell me."

"You won't believe me if I do."

"Tell me." He repeats again.

"Well first, did you invite Tatiana to Neverland?"

"Yes."

My eyes go wide. So she was being serious.

"Why? I mean why didn't you tell me? I could've met earlier than today."

"I was discussing some things with her."

"Things like what?" My heart is hurting.

"It doesn't matter. Don't tell me you're jealous." I roll my eyes.

"No, I'm not."

"Yes you are. I'm telling you right now nothing happened on that night. I just talked to her like friends do. I don't love her if that's what you're most likely thinking." He assures me.

"She told me you do." I say softly.

"Well I don't. You believe her?" He asks.

"No."

"Good. We have to work on trust." He pulls me in and gives me a kiss. I pull away and he opens the door for me to exit the room.

When we arrive back to the table, Tatiana has gone off to talk to a pretty blonde-haired lady.

"Oh, she's with Sheryl."

Without her being there, I get my appetite back to eat. Then Frank and Greg join us.

"Hey Mike, congrats again." Greg says.

"Thanks man," they slap hands and start chatting about the good and bad of the tour.

"...Yeah. Then after Tatiana got fired."

"She got fired? Why?" All three of their heads turn to me. It's the first thing I said since they came to the table. I blush.

"Sorry. It's none of my business."

"No I'll tell you if you want to know. In one of the performances of The Way You Make Me Feel she kissed me."

"Oh. You fired her for that?" As much as I don't like her, I think its kind of harsh what happened.

"Yes," Frank says. "We had to keep things strictly professional, no feelings or they could affect the performances given."

"Oh, then why is she here?" I blurt. As soon as I said it, I wish I didn't.

"Well she's still a part of the tour. We can't just forget her like that because she was with us at one point." Says Greg.

"Yes that's true. And I remain friends with her," Michael adds.

"Oh." I say again.

They continue to discuss things and I sit there quietly. I wish in my heart that we could just leave the party. This whole thing about Tatiana is putting me in a bad mood.

From the front of the house, music starts booming louder and louder. Tatiana rushes to find Michael obviously and grabs his hand.

"Hey Mikey, you wanna dance?"

She doesn't even wait for him to answer before pulling him to the dance floor. I take my place against the wall, forgotten while everyone is having the time of their lives.

Then Greg walks up to me. I give him a smile as he leans back on the wall next to me.

"Where's your man?" He asks over the music.

"Over there." I point to him dancing with Tatiana. She is definitely trying to seduce him with her moves.

It makes my blood boil with anger when I see Michael smile. He's actually enjoying it.

"Come on, have some fun." Greg holds his hand out and I instantly take it.

We'll see who has the moves now.

--

Vote

Comment

Share

~Joy ✌️