Chapter 1

He called me later on the next day. He told me that he had missed me and couldn’t wait to see me again. I just rolled my eyes. So much for him calling last night.

“What you doin’ Ma.”

“Sigh, nothing just laying here bored as hell.” I had been sleeping all day since there was nothing else to do. “What are you up to?”

“I’m just chillin’, thinkin’ about you.” That shocked me.

“What about me?”

“How perfect you are Ma. You everything a nigga could hope for. I know we haven’t known each other that long but I have a different feeling about you.” Why do I hear this from almost every guy that I’ve talked to. I rolled my eyes. “You so beautiful. And might I add you good in bed.”

“Thanks Love I really appreciate that. It means a lot to me to hear that.” I could tell he was smiling on the phone.

“No problem Ma. So when can I see you again?” Never.

“Uh, I have to see when I’m off again.” Little does he know I work from home and I create my own schedule.

“Ok Ma just hit my line whenever you find out. I wanna take you out.” Again this is what they all say. My ass always let them too.

“Aight that’s a bet.” We hung the phone up. I got up and went to my computer to check my emails and messages from my websites. Feels so good to be my own boss. I don’t have to cuss anyone out. Someone rang my doorbell. I looked at the clock and it was only 12:45. I got up from the desk and went to the door. No one was there but there was a vase of long stemmed red and white roses. There was a card in them.

These beautiful flowers are for a beautiful woman like you Ma. I expect to see them taken care of when I come see you again Ma. I had such a wonderful time with you. Please let me see you again. Yes I am begging. Enjoy the flowers Ma.

I just realized that I was smiling from ear to ear. He knew how to go above and beyond I must say. I was still standing in the doorway. I felt like someone was watching me. Every hair on my body stood at attention. I close and locked my door. I put the vase of roses on the island in the kitchen. I went back to my computer and finished up the little bit of work that I had left to do. He was starting to get to me heavily and I didn’t want that. I shook him off of me and started thinking about my next big project that I wanted to do. It was going to be big. I started to get the feeling of being watched again. I didn’t like it all. I got up from the desk, grabbed my taser, and walked around the house. It’s against the black people code I know, but I know how to protect myself. I didn’t find anything but I just couldn't shake that feeling of being watched. I walked to the kitchen taser still in hand and poured me a glass of wine. I sat on the couch and watched Martin for the rest of the day.