Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven- Temporary Home

I tossed and turned all night because all that I could think about was going to live in that house.

Would they act the same now that I was there? Or would they treat Aden the same? Do they treat Mckenzie the same way they treat Aden?

All of these questions were running through my mind and I just couldn't go to sleep.

You know what that means? I'm so cranky and tired that if you talk to me I will probably smack you. Oh fun.

"Chandler, come here. Breakfast is ready."

She made breakfast?! That's about as abnormal as it gets.

I walked down the stairs, and the smell of homemade pancakes filled my senses. Perfect.

I ran the rest of the way and practically jumped into my seat.

"Pancakes, my favorite. Thanks mom!"

She just smiled in response. I started to dig in and it was delicious.

"Now, honey, I want you to go upstairs and dress nice because you will be heading over to the Black's house at about one o'clock."

"Okay, mom."

I was so not looking forward to this.

I trudged upstairs and walked to my closet. I had left a few outfits in my closet to choose from this morning.

I grabbed a gray long sleeved shirt from Hollister, dark washed jeans, and my Jordans.

I stomped down the stairs.

"Mom, I'm leaving."

"Okay, honey. Be safe. Don't do drugs or anything illegal. Be nice. I love you."

"Okay, mom. I love you too."

I grabbed my keys and my luggage and walked out to my truck.

I turned the truck on and took as much time as I possibly could because we all know that I don't want to be there.

I pulled into the driveway and grabbed my luggage.

Okay, Chandler, deep breaths. You can do this. They won't hurt you. They can't.

I tried reassuring myself, but it wasn't helping very much.

I walked up to the door, luggage in hand, and knocked.

Michael, Aden's dad, came to the door.

"Welcome, Chandler. It's nice to see you again."

"Hello, Mr. Black, it's nice to see you again, too."

"Oh, please, call me Michael. Mr. Black was my father. Now, welcome to your temporary home."

"Thank you, Michael, for letting me stay in your home while my mom is away on business."

"Oh, it's no problem. Now, come in. Wouldn't want you to get cold."

He opened the door wider and I walked through.

The house looks the same as the last time I saw it.

"Now, your room will be right next to Aden's. You will go upstairs and it will be the second door on your left."

"Thanks you."

I walked up the stairs and went into the room that he described.

The room was nice, to say the least. It had a bathroom and a walk-in closet inside and it was bigger than my bedroom at home. The walls were painted a beige color and there was white carpet on the floor.

I guess this is a nice temporary home.

---///---///---

Okay lovelies,

Can we try to get 20 reads and 3 votes? Once we get there, I'll update again. If we do it this way, the chapters will, most likely, be longer. Thanks!

Bye lovelies