Fumus x Wife!Reader

Start from the beginning

"I'm just messing with you."

(Y/N) turned her attention back to the wound. The small towel she had been using to apply the pressure was now soaked in blood. She took it away from the laceration and saw it had stopped bleeding as heavily as it was before.

"Okay Taffy, the wound has stopped bleeding heavily. I need to clean it now, to wash all the dried blood away. I'm just going to get some cleaning and medical supplies. You've done well to stay conscious so far, so don't pass out on me now~"

(Y/N) stood up and walked briskly towards the door, the blood soaked towel in her grasp. Taffy watched as she disappeared out the door and listened as the sound of her footsteps got fainter as she walked away.
Taffy tried to get comfortable in the chair but whenever he moved, his wound burned with pain. The head angel thought back to what (Y/N) had said to him and how it made him feel. It was nice to know someone other than his fellow angels actually cared for his wellbeing.

The door opened slowly and Taffy lazily turned his head towards it. Elwine shyly poked her head into the room. She didn't seem to notice Taffy right away but when she did she nearly screamed.

"Taffy! Oh my goodness! You're covered in blood and bruises! Why didn't you come and find me?!"

"Lady (Y/N) offered to help me. She's just gone to get some cleaning and medical items." Taffy explained.

Elwine sighed in relief. "I'm glad someone is helping you!" Then she froze, her navy blue eyes widened. "Lord Fumus is coming this way! You need to go! If he learns that Lady (Y/N) has been helping you he will hurt you even more!"

Taffy gripped the arms of the chair and attempted to lift himself onto his feet. He cried out in pain when he tried to straighten his injured leg out, he realised that he had caused it to bleed again.

Elwine grabbed his arm and pulled him towards the door.

The door to the room opened and (Y/N) walked in, carrying a bowl filled with water and a few medical supplies. She analysed the scene before her for a few seconds then she narrowed her (E/C) eyes.

"Dearest Elwine, are you trying to steal my patient from me? How cruel, it breaks my heart!" (Y/N) faked being upset and then giggled.

"Lady (Y/N), your husband is looking for you, he's coming this way. If he sees you helping us, let alone talking to us, he'll probably hurt you!" Elwine tried to explain the situation desperately.

"He will hurt you two as well. Well, he'll hurt you two regardless." (Y/N) walked back to the chairs and set down the bowl and medical supplies. "Stay. I need to help Taffy."

Elwine opened her mouth to protest but one glare from (Y/N) made her shut her mouth quickly.

"I will do everything in my power to prevent him from hurting you two. Of course, I can't protect you two all the time, but this time I'll try. It's unfair for you two to be punished for my actions." (Y/N) growled and watched as Elwine set Taffy back on the chair and sat on another chair close to him.