Instantaneous Incidents

Chapter 35: Instantaneous Incidents 

Lucy was on her feet the minute Snape had finished his story. Snape mirrored her and for the first time in what felt like forever, he embraced her for a long time. 

Lucy did sometimes forget how much she really did mean to Snape because of Lily. It was as though she really was royalty to him and her name wasn't a joke. 

"I'm the Half-Blood Princess?" she whispered into his shoulder. 

Snape nodded. "Yes and I didn't even know it." 

"Amazing," Lucy laughed, feeling quite silly for dwelling on this for so long. "It really is." 

"If only I'd had known that day, I would have found Lily and taken you away. I would have stolen all of Tobias' money and would have found somewhere safer for us both to live. It would have been hard but we'd have got by," Snape glanced at Lucy's light brown hair, the only thing that she had inherited from Tobias. "I wouldn't have even joined the Death Eaters." 

"Should've, could've, would've," Lucy shrugged. "But we're okay now. We're safe here." 

Snape was about to continue when a rapid knock could be heard at the door. Snape let go of Lucy before standing a metre away from the door and getting out his wand. "Who is it?" 

"Matt...Jarvin..." Matt's voice panted from the outside. 

"What do you want?" 

"I need...help..."

"Oh, just let him in," Lucy barged passed Snape and unlocked the door with her wand and allowed Matt to stagger into the room. "What's wrong? You were fine when we left you." 

"I think...I need a....Blood-Replenishing Potion..." Matt huffed and lent against the door frame weakly. 

"Yes, I should have thought of that before we left you," Snape cleared his throat. He walked towards a cabinet in the corner of the room and opened it up. It was full of Potions that Snape had taken with him from the Potions classroom, all of which he had brewed. 

Snape looked down each of the shelves, each row had at least six labels with a couple of vials behind the label with that Potion inside. He ran his finger along the shelves until he found the label with 'Blood-Replenishing Potion' on. Unfortunately there were no vials there.  

"I have no Blood-Replenishing Potion left, Jarvin, I'll have to brew some." 

Snape walked passed Matt and downstairs to the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom and began setting up all the things he needed to make the Potion. Upstairs, Lucy helped Matt over to a chair and he sat down gratefully. 

"I'm fine — " Matt began to say hoarsely but Lucy cut him off sharply. 

"No you're not, shut up," Lucy snapped and held onto his freezing hand as she sat next to him. He put his other arm around her and for once it wasn't Matt who kept Lucy warm. This time Matt stole some of Lucy's warmth. "You told me you were okay." 

"I was okay until after about ten minutes in the common room," Matt murmured. "But I know you can make Potions so I came here as quick as I could." 

"Those stairs must have damn near killed you!" Lucy admitted. 

"They did..." 

"Lucy," Snape emerged by the door again, Lucy turned around to face him. "Take Jarvin to the Hospital Wing, get Madam Pomfrey to treat him before this Potion is done. It's on the fourth floor so it isn't too far." 

"Okay," Lucy nodded and got up herself before helping Matt up. "As if I don't know where the place is," she smirked.

They walked as quick as they could to the Hospital Wing (well, Lucy was walking and at the same time was trying to drag Matt along) and when they arrived Madam Pomfrey looked more flustered than ever.