Mortifying Manners

Chapter 15: Mortifying Manners 

On Sunday afternoon the picnic between Lucy, Snape, Jessica and Shona went well...for Snape and Jessica. They were extremely happy but Lucy and Shona felt very awkward being there for once. So as soon as they could, they left Snape and Jessica to their own devices.

Lucy really didn't know what to say to either of them since they'd decided to get back together, even talking with Snape was starting to get a little awkward. So on Monday morning, Lucy got up, got dressed and immediately left Snape's quarters were Snape and Jessica were sitting. She didn't want to or need to talk to either of them and they didn't need to talk to her so she thought she might as well leave them in peace.

"Good morning, Lucy!" Dean sang as he joined her side. "I enjoyed Saturday night, did you?"

"As much as you did," Lucy replied. "What did you do yesterday then to entertain yourself?"

"I looked around for any threats to the gifted," Dean said proudly.

"Were there any?"

"None apart from the usual suspects."

"That's good, as long as there isn't anyone who's come to kill me I think we can say that we're safe from now on, yes?"

"I think that — " Dean began before an image suddenly shot across Lucy's mind of the hidden room. The hidden room in which Fred and George had showed her and the room in which she found Snape hiding the other day.

"Hi, guys," Shona said as she approached the two. She took one look at Lucy's blank expression before punching her in the arm.

"W-What?" Lucy asked in shock.

"You drifted off again, daydreamer. What have you seen this time?"

"The hidden room."

"The hidden room? Are you serious? Why'd you blank out just for that? That's just...nonsense!"

Lucy nodded in agreement. "You're right, it's absolute madness. But the thing is it feels like we need to go there. I don't know why we need to go there but it just seems appropriate."

"We can't miss breakfast for that!" Shona whined miserably.

"Yes we can," and with that Lucy began running towards the hidden room; she was on a mission.

When they arrived outside the hidden room, they stopped. Lucy and Shona both turned to Dean who looked worried about Lucy's sudden outburst. He looked between the two girls and waited for them to say something.

"Alright, Dean, we're about to go into this hidden room. But before we do we have to make you swear you won't take anything or you won't tell anyone about it," Shona said in a stern tone.

Dean put a hand over his heart. "I promise to never steal anything form this room and I won't tell a soul about its whereabouts."

"OK, he's good to go," Lucy agreed before the three of them ran up the stairs to the hidden room. Lucy didn't know what she was expecting to find but she hoped it was something good. It just felt like she was going to find something important up here...but she didn't know what.

"What are we looking for then? Or did your stupid dream not tell you?" Shona asked miserably thinking about the toast she could be scoffing right now if she wasn't here. 

"No, it didn't tell me which means we're going to have to search for whatever it is we need to find," Lucy replied, ignoring Shona's longing to get down to the great hall. 

"Does it relate to anything at all?" Dean asked as he peered behind the Mirror of Erised. 

"Not that I know of at the moment but I know — " Lucy thought for a moment. "That whatever the object is it's going to be on the left side of the room."