Chapter 24

The group was exhausted by the time they finally reached the Hyuga mansion. They had momentarily lost each other, but luckily they found themselves together again after discovering the others on the road.

Knowing that the others who were still missing would find them at the mansion also put their hearts at ease. Some members of the group whined when they had to climb the gate, but it was done quickly enough. Kakashi went first, cautiously climbing over the tall black gates.

Once he landed on the other side, he gestured for the others to follow. Lee stood guard as the others climbed over, looking from side to side for any indication that a zombie might be close. Sai helped Ino climb over, making sure the petit blond didn't fall over the edge. Once everyone was over, Lee climbed over quickly with a grace and ease that had many jealous of him.

The group walked slowly to the door, looking around cautiously. It was silent, the only sound being that of the wind rustling in the trees.

Kakashi took a deep breath, comforted by the simple glance he took over his shoulder, seeing his friends, previous students and fellow teachers, some people he didn't even know before this disaster, all were tense, each looking in different directions, ready to defend him at a moments notice.

Completely reassured, Kakashi wasted no time in typing in the code that Hinata had previously given to them in fear of something like this happening. Kakashi was relieved when a soft, almost silent buzz reached his ears, breaking the silence.

Cautiously, Kakashi wrapped his fingers around the wooden door, slowly pulling it open. The door made no sound as it opened, the moon casting it's white glow slightly into the room before him.

Kakashi stepped slowly, softly into the room, taking deep breaths to calm his rapidly beating heart. A warm glow came from a distance, not too far into the home. Kakashi looked back, silently asking the others for guidance.

Should he call out to the people who were already there? Stay silent and catch them by surprise? Shrugging, Kakashi quickly walked into the room, as silently as possible. He was followed closely by Kisame and Sai, as the three of them looked in every room they passed, checking to see whether anything living was around.

Slowly, they approached the room with the warm glow of light, though it flickered constantly. Kakashi guessed that there was most likely a fire, that or the light was about to flicker for the last time. He took a moment to prepare himself before he turned into the room, a startled yelp and the sound of a chair scraping and falling over reaching their ears as the three men stared at the other.

This man was like looking at an older version of Neji.
"Hiashi?" Kakashi asked cautiously.
"Kakashi? Is that truly you?" The white eyed man asked, relief clear in his voice.

Kakashi relaxed, causing the others to relax as well as Kisame and Sai left to gather their friends.
"I am so relieved to see someone alive." Hiashi spoke as he picked his chair back up.
"So am I, we were not looking forward to a battle." Kakashi sighed tiredly, feeling extremely old and exhausted.

"I would imagine so. Tell me, where is my daughter and nephew?" Hiashi asked hopefully.
Kakashi felt his heart sink. To be honest, he had no idea how Hinata was doing, whether she was okay, alive even. If she were, he knew she and Sasuke would come here as soon as they possibly could.

And Neji, well Neji had died when Danzo and his men had decided to try and take over their mansion. If Kakashi remembered correctly, Neji was shot in the face when he tried to save both TenTen and Lee. The two teens had stood there, frozen in shock. Thanks to Hidan, Danzo got what he deserved, though the same couldn't be said for his men, Kakashi was sure that they would get what they deserved eventually, though.