[45] cold noodles

Start from the beginning

"of course, im not a three year old kid," taehyung hums confidently, "look. look at my blending skills here, doesn't it look awesome?" taehyung comments, leaning in and pointing at a particular feature of jungkook's design that he had worked especially hard on. jungkook rolls his eyes and leans in too to get a look at what taehyung wants to show, his head just a millimetre away from taehyung's.

"mrs weng can shove that D she gave for my art project up her butt." taehyung mutters before humming, "oh, and look at this bit—"
the older doesn't get to finish his sentence because he leans in excitedly, accidentally bumping heads with jungkook who hisses in pain, bringing his (fire) tattooed hand to his bandaged forehead: taehyung had hit bang on onto his wound.

"ah." he winces.

taehyung gasps, apologising profusely as he takes (a surprised) jungkook's face in his hands, carefully assessing the bandage for any seeping blood. jungkook watches a freaked out taehyung fret over him with softened eyes, enjoying the way taehyung looks at him with true proper emotions and touches him gently. it's been a long time since he's experienced those things from someone and he can't help but revel in it for a little while.

"the wound doesn't look like it's bleeding again." taehyung concludes, "does it hurt really badly? d'you think the waitress'll have paracetamol?" taehyung asks, biting his lower lip nervously. "im really sorry, i—"
but jungkook doesn't hear what he says next; he's too transfixed with how close taehyung's face is next to his, how taehyung regards him with concern and worry, how taehyung worries his jutting lower lip red with his teeth.

"—you feeling okay? do you think you'll lose consciousness or, i dunno?? vomit? d'you think you'll throw up, kook?"

"kim, shut up." taehyung, at once, zips his mouth shut, "im fine." he breathes, his eyes still trained on taehyung's lips. "im not gonna lose consciousness or throw up." he murmurs, moving his head closer to taehyung's face, or more so, taehyung's mouth.

he doesn't know what's happening. all he knows is that he's moving against his own will, slowly tilting his head towards a flustered taehyung who regards jungkook's own close proximity with widened eyes.
"j–" he mumbles but gets cut off when jungkook closes his eyes, lips now so close, he could feel the warmth emanating from them.

taehyung gulps.

"ah yes! table no. 12! here's your order of cold noodles!! with complimentary side dishes of course!" a jolly, red cheeked woman pops out of nowhere by their table, holding a tray laden with small odd bowls. startled by the lady's presence, jungkook springs away from taehyung and gulps before muttering an awkward thanks to the oblivious lady who starts to unload the bowls onto their two-seat table.

"call me if you two handsome boys want anything more, okay?" the waitress burbles, taking her sweet, sweet time in arranging the dishes. jungkook groans internally at the woman's snail pace and the immense awkwardness that seems to seep out of the two boys.

fucking hell, jungkook, what the hell was that?? you can't just kiss him out of nowhere –– now how is he gonna react to this? fuck, you messed up big, jungkook.

he peeks a look in taehyung's direction whilst feeling completely and utterly embarrassed. when he drags his eyes to meet taehyung's, he expects to see the usual shy and fumbling taehyung he knows, but he's surprised to see a quiet taehyung staring blankly at his lap, his brown eyes refusing to meet with his.