[45] cold noodles

Start from the beginning

he's. . . special.

jungkook regards taehyung with a soft sigh escaping from his lips. honestly, how can this man-baby take over number one, influential company, 'kim enterprises' and become fucking ceo? and also pass high school, college and university with flying colours? and turn into some weirdo prodigy along the way??? jungkook thinks, recalling the file namjoon had given him, telling him all about taehyung's accomplishments and successes.

remembering what taehyung had said ages ago about absolutely not wanting to join his dad's company, jungkook's eyes lid shut.
if it were up to me, id make kim make a bigger bucket list and go round the world, doing them with him. and maybe even join in with my own bucket list, jungkook thinks, propping up his elbow on the table and cupping his cheek.

but he knows that he won't be able to do that; the issue being completely taboo and against his work ethic. he works for namjoon and namjoon'll decide what'll happen to taehyung. he'll decide whether he returns taehyung back to his family after receiving his payment, or—

jungkook looks away from taehyung, not being able to look at him.

—kill him.

but i can't let that happen, a suddenly desperate jungkook thinks resolutely, he can't die. not under my watch. not under namjoon hyung's command –– ill convince him to let him go.

but even if you free taehyung, he'll go back and be stuck in that hellhole of a house and family, he'll have to take over the company and live his entire lifespan inside the kim enterprises offices.

jungkook stares at the laminated menu in front of him with no interest whatsoever. neither conclusion will benefit kim, he realises. he tilts his head back and lets it rest on the chair's headrest, letting out a deep breath.

"hey kim?" he murmurs softly. taehyung drags his eyes upwards, humming to let him know that he was listening. "you're. . ."

the aforementioned looks up. "yeah?"

jungkook eases his hand out of taehyung's grasp gently. taehyung blinks at this, confused. "jungkook?"

"you're tickling my hand."

astounded, taehyung stares at jungkook for a second.

"what. is that it? i haven't finished it though!" he protests, "there's literally one petal i haven't done yet!!" he exclaims, tugging jungkook's reluctant hand back. "hold on, it'll take like five seconds."

"one, two, three, four—" jungkook sings playfully.

"i didn't mean it literally!!" taehyung panics, scrawling red onto his skin.

jungkook laughs, "relax kim, im joking. take your time." he says, watching taehyung visibly relax and huff out, irritated.
too cute, jungkook immediately thinks as he watches taehyung colour in with a furrow in his brow.

"okay! s'done! what d'you think of my fire tattoo?" taehyung asks, finally pulling away from jungkook's hand and capping the red marker. a proud smile forming on the boy's mouth.

jungkook cranes his neck to look at his tattoo, now coloured in with tacky red, orange and yellow ('fire' colours) felt markers. it's fucking hideous — the red pen on his skin resembles something similar to an irritated rash and the yellow parts look unpleasant against his natural skin.
nevertheless jungkook smiles at taehyung's handiwork that had taken fifteen long minutes to construct and compliments him on the fact that he hadn't gone out of line.