Chapter 16

Chapter 16

"I don't have a brother."

"Maybe some things are kept from you Amelia."

I rolled my eyes.

"A lot of things are kept from me. How old are you anyways?"

"24"

"That explains a lot."

I mumbled.

I didn't know what to say. How do you start a conversation with your brother that you have never met who had shot you?

"I'm going to go." I stuttered quietly.

"You leave a lot don't you? You just get up and walk out? You get that from dad."

Even though this hurt incredibly I walked back over to Jared and slapped him across the face as hard I could.

"Don't talk about my- our father like that."

I tried to get out of the room as quickly as I could but, it was very hard to do since it hurt whenever my one foot hit the ground.

"Ms. Witherell are you sure you don't want a wheelchair."

I shook my head.

"I want out of here." I groaned.

"Lucky for you we are discharging you from the hospital. You are free to go home." The women announced gleefully.

"Paul?"

She nodded.

From the corner of my eye I saw Paul wheeled out in a wheelchair by a young blonde nurse.

"Ms. Witherell are you sure you don't want a wheelchair?" The nurse asked.

I probably should have said yes but as if instinct I shook my head no.

"Let's go home Paul." I said.

The house was empty and quiet when we got there. I felt like something was missing. I couldn't tell exactly but something was.

"Home sweet home." Paul announced as he threw his keys on a near by table.

I let out a tiny sigh as I placed my purse against the wall.

"Well, I don't know about you but I could use a nap." I stated as I lingered to the stairs.

He nodded and followed me upstairs.

Paul's room was very quaint although the whole house was, his bedroom had a certain feel of quaintness.

"I put your bag in the closet if you need to change." He mumbled as his finger pointed to the closet.

"I'm going to need your help." I said looking at my broken arm.

I awoke to see Paul staring at me.

"Hello Gorgeous."

I smiled at Paul who was tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Good Afternoon Paulie." I giggled as I sat up.

Paul sat up completely, his bare chest visible. His hair was ruffled and he wore dark blue plaid pajama pants.

"You are so pretty when you sleep. You seem ever so peaceful."

I let out a smile that extended from ear to ear.

I shuffled closer to Paul and laid my head on his warm comforting chest.

"What would I do without you?" I asked looking up into Paul's large hazel eyes.

He shrugged.

"I know I would go crazy without you."

We went quiet again leaving me with the sound of Paul's heart beating.

"I love you Amelia."

"I love you too." I smiled.

Paul leaned down and kissed my jaw and then my lips.

"I thought we could go out for dinner tonight. You know the two of us. Like a date." He continued twirling a piece of my hair on his finger. "We haven't had a date night in ages."

I nodded.

The night came and with that came the dinner. We decided on going to a little cafe down the corner. Paul dressed up in a nice dress short and pants. I decided to wear a black dress. I walked down the steps and towards Paul.

"Wow." He muttered as he looked at me.

"What?"

He shook his head.

"You look just so... Wow."

I giggled a little as I looked down at my feet.

"Thank you."

He grabbed my hand and we walked out to the car.

"I'll take whatever he's having." I stated placing my menu in the waiters hand.

He nodded and went off with the order.

"It's really great to have you back. I missed you."

I smiled at my plate.

"I've missed you too. I've missed you everyday I was in Los Angeles."

He agreed.

"Right when you left me in 1960 and we had gone to Germany I missed you more than I have missed anything or anyone before."

I giggled a little.

"I mean it Amelia. The only way for me to overcome that sadness was to wrote songs for you."

"Really?" I asked.

He nodded.

"I've written over 100 songs for you. I just love you so much."

"Thank you Paul."

We leaned over the table and shared a quick kiss. I soon felt a hand grab mine causing Paul and I to intertwine fingers.

The dinner was over quickly, but it was one I would always remember. One of our only formal dates after 2 years of dating.

"Goodnight." I said to Paul who laid on the opposite side of the bed.

"Goodnight love."

He pulled on the chain of the lamp.

I cuddled up to Paul, laying my head on his chest.

"I love you." He mumble tiredly.

"I love you too." I responded.

A/N

Hey guys

Sorry it's been along time since I've posted and all I've had a lot on my mind.

If you liked this chapter vote for it comment and follow!!