Promise: Shuuichi Saihara x Reader

After the execution of Kaede Akamatsu, Shuuichi Saihara fell down on his knees as if there is no more tomorrow. Sadness covered his face. Such great grief, currently in the state of denial, a great denial now that he knows that Kaede will now only exist in his memories.

You understand him very well. You lost your family and now living alone. Striving for tomorrow, you keep you head held high. So you knew what to do on a situation like this.

The elevator brought you back up and you decided to follow Saihara to the SDHSL Pianist's Research Room. As you went inside, Debussy's piece, Claire de Lune plays in the background. You can see an emotional detective closing his eyes and feeling the song. You wished you could've saw Kaede-san played the grand piano, at least once. It would be great for everyone to cheer them up. But now that she's gone,--

"I promise, that we will get out of here alive. Its a promise between the two of us." I gentle voice of a man can be heard inside the room. It was Saihara-kun. "I am putting 'my feelings' to you. Goodbye, for now" A strange voice echoed after Saihara. Probably it was Kaede-san's last goodbyes for him.

You forgot why you were in the research room. Oh, right! It was to cheer him up! You don't know how to start cheering him up so you gave him a big hug and mumbled, "Its fine! We'll keep that promise! For her sake." Saihara blushed and hugged you back as response.

Morning has come and everyone was gathered in the Cafeteria. Saihara-kun's late. Well, no one can blame him. He still needs to think about what happened yesterday. The door opened and you all can see a different person. A man with a black uniform-like, outfit. It was Saihara? But where is the cap? "I guess I wont be needing 'that' anymore." Saihara said.

Did he already accept that she's gone? Did he gave up already? Whatever the reason, that's not right! The Saihara you knew was the one who never gave up on things. He was the one who will prove to everyone that there is hope for us. This one looked like he doesn't care anymore. You decided to make things right.

After breakfast, everyone left the room except for Kirumi, Kokuchi, Saihara and yourself. Kirumi washed the dishes and Kokichi is trying to ruin everything Kirumi was doing so its kinda noisy in the background. You decided to confront Saihara. "Jeez, what happened back there? That's not you at all." You asked. "I just thought about his already. I'm not going to be dependent to her feelings. There is going to be a time that 'her feelings' will be forgotten so its f--" You slapped him while trying to finish his statement. "No! Thats Wrong!" You stated.

"Whaa??" He questioned. "So are you going to abandon her promise?" You asked. Saihara cried once again. He doesnt know what to respond. You knew what was like to lose a friend. Especially when you are really close and she got killed right before your eyes. You told Saihara how close you and Kaede were when you were kids but you never saw her use her talent.

"I also found a letter inside my room yesterday." You said.

Please take care of Saihara.
He is a crybaby when something precious will disappear.
Give him hope that he needs to survive
In this very violent world.
Make sure that nk one else
Will do whatever I did to Amami.
Promise me, okay?

-Kaede Akamatsu

"Oi! Im not a crybaby." Saihara said. "Really, you just cried all over again just now." You claimed while laughing. "Thanks, (Y/N). You already gave me hope." Saihara stated while hugging you tightly. You squeezed him back as a response. "Now that you're taking care of me, why not giving me a healing kiss?" Saihara requested with a shota-kun voice. You kissed him on the cheek and smiled. He then kissed you back but this time, on the lips. "I'll take care of you, Saihara-kun. I promise." You said.

--------------------
END
--------------------

Thank you guys for reasing my very first story. Im just a very big fan of NDVR3. I have lots of time to make stories. Just give me suggestions on who to make a story and how the story will go. Please leave a vote if you liked my story and I will see you guys in the next one.

-------------------
Extra
-------------------

Kokichi: Hey, Tojo-san. What does this do?
Kirumi: Uhhh, that's a knife! And put that thing down.

*smooches*

Kokichi: Are you hearing those?
Kirumi: Shhh, lets find out.

*sees you and Saihara kissing*

Kokichi and Kirumi: OH MY GOOOD!!!