Twenty - Nine

Rachel's POV
After an hour or so I made it back to the hotel and parked the car in the underground car park and took the elevator up to the lobby. I saw Terence and waved at him as I walked to the other elevators. I got in and the doors closed.

Seconds later I was at my room and knocked on the door. Zach opened the door and took the bags of food off me and I thanked him. I closed the door and followed him into the kitchen area.

"Where's Conor and Jack?"
"He's just putting him to bed."
"I'll go say goodnight. The salads are for the girls and burgers for the boys. Don't even argue because we all know mom and Julie don't eat that kind of stuff. Neither do I."

Zach chuckled and held his arms up in surrender. I walked down the hall and into my room and saw Conor rocking Jack in his arms, while shirtless. He leaned down and kissed Jack's forehead.

"You and I, little man, we are going to change your mom's life. Hopefully for the better. We'll show her how good we are so she doesn't think we're slops and we need to make a pact that we'll make dinner together everyday before she gets home from training. We'll even clean up and show her our big muscles. I love you little guy. Sleep tight."

I walked over and wrapped my arms around his waist, after he set Jack down, and kissed his shoulder blade. He chuckled and turned to face me and kissed my cheek.

"Hey."
"Hi."
"You heard that, didn't you?"
"Chef Conor and baby Jack. I like it."

He chuckled softly and hugged me. I looked down at Jack as he slept softly and smiled.

"Cmon, we can't stare at him all night."
"Aw, why not? He's so peaceful."
"Because we, yes, we, are not like that. I heard you brought food so let's go eat."

He took my hand in his and led me out of the room and into the kitchen area where everyone was eating. I grabbed my salad and went to sit with mom and Julie at the table while the boys went into the living room and watched tv.

"Rachel, your son is absolutely perfect. He did not cry once and he drank all of his bottle and banana. He's mad for crawling though and uses the couch to stand up. He'd clap when he did stand up but fall and giggle. I got a video of it."

Julie handed me her phone and I smiled as I watched Jack standing and then clap and fall down and say uh oh and stand back up and do it all over again. The smile did not leave my face once.

"That was the cutest thing ever. Send that on to me."
"Will you be okay alone with him tonight? We could always get rooms in this hotel."
"No I'll be fine. I have Conor anyway. What time did you feed Jack?"
"Just an hour ago. So eight."
"Okay, he's due again for one or two. Only if he wakes up though. If not then I'm sure he'll be up around four."
"Are you sure now?"
"Of course. When are you guys flying home?"
"Friday. So, two days. How long more are you staying here?"
"Uhm, I'm not sure. Not more than a week though. Conor's from Seattle so I was thinking we could go up there for a few days to meet his parents and I could call Hope."
"Hope doesn't live there anymore. She's gone to North Carolina."
"What about Kelley?"
"She's still in New Jersey. They broke up and Hope got back together with her ex- husband."
"Are you serious? What happened?"
"Hope cheated on Kelley with him. We haven't really spoke with Hope since."
"When did this happen?"
"Three months ago. I'm surprised no one told you."
"Looks like Miss Solo is going to get an earful from me."

Julie chuckled and put her hand on my shoulder and kissed my cheek. Mom stood up and took our plates to the sink and washed them. I turned to Julie and she smiled at me.

"How're things with mom?"
"You know her and Tobin got together?"
"I get told nothing. When did this happen?"
"Two years ago."
"You're kidding, right?"
"Nope. They're just really secretive."
"Miss Heath is getting a phone call tonight as well. Anything else I need to know?"
"Becky and Carli are together."
"I had a feeling about that when they came to visit."
"Christie and Kelley bought a house together with the two girls. Christie thought it would do them both the world of good to have one another and have another person in the house for the two girls."
"How is Kelley?"
"Honestly Rach I have no idea. She puts up a front and doesn't let anyone in anymore since. I feel so bad for her. Christie is looking out for her though and she's looking out for Christie. You should also give her a call tonight and see how she's doing. She'll be happy to hear from you."