26

You and the other arrive at the diner and sit down, the diner wasn't full, but rather almost empty. A waitress comes to your table.
Waitress: May I take your order?
You: I'll have french toast and some coffee.
Clem: Eggs, bacon, and coffee.
Becca: Sausage, eggs, and milk.
Shel: Pancakes and coffee.
Luke: Pancakes and water.
Waitress: Alrighty, I'll be back with your meals.
Luke: So (Y/N), on a scale of one through ten, how would it rate?
You: 8/10, considering it's in the apocalypse.
Shel: Well, we'll see.
Luke: (Y/N), how's it been?
You: For the past two months, I've been going from place to place, none of them I could really call home, until Prescott.
Clem: I don't know (Y/N), how many settlements are gone since you've been there?
You: (sigh) Sadly none are alive, last time I checked.
Becca: So what are you saying, that we should leave?
Shel: We all deserve to rest, for once, some peace.
You: It never lasts long enough though.
Clem: Think about it (Y/N), every town is destroyed by whoever. I hate to say it, but eventually this town is gonna end.
Becca: Cmon Clem, we just got here and now you wanna leave?
You: Please Clem, give this place a chance. There are some people here that have helped me ever since I've gotten here.
Clem: Fine, but only for you (Y/N).
You: Thanks Clem.
The waitress comes back with your food and goes.
Shel: Holy shit that was fast.
Luke: It was like what, five minutes or something.
Clem: I just want food, we haven't eaten in days.
Time skip
You and the others were finished with breakfast and left the diner.
Becca: That was really good.
Clem: Thanks for showing us (Y/N).
You: No problem.
Clem: Anyways, (Y/N), you know where the nearest gun dealer is? I need more bullets.
You: There's a guy, Eli, he's at the bar, got his own place there.
Clem: Can you come with me, just in case anything goes wrong.
You: Yeah, sure.
Luke: The rest of us will just look around the town.
You: I'll see you guys later.
Luke, Shel, and Becca all walk away. You and Clem walk to the bar to find Eli.
Clem: So what's Eli like?
You: To be honest, he just offered me weapons and I declined for now. I don't know anything else about him.
Clem: Then this might be dangerous.
You: Relax, I won't let anything happen to you. I'll be right there with you.
Clem: I hope you stay with me forever, but....
You: But what?
Clem: Nothing, it's just.... everyone I know goes away in the end. Lee, Kenny, Mike, Bonnie, my parents....
You: You've lost more than me, I've been alone for so long, never thought I would change, until you. You've made a big difference in my life.
Clem: So have you.
Your conversation ends when you walk into the bar. You go into this little shack in the bar and find Eli with some ammo.
You: Eli.
Eli: Well, look who it is, it's the guy who brought a shit load of supplies with Conrad, what can I do?
Clem: I need ammo, I'm assuming that you have some.
Eli: Of course, but on some terms first, sit down.
You and Clem take a seat.
Eli: You need ammo, tell you what, I'll give you a box of ammo, and in return, you'll give me a box of batteries, and I'll need them by the end of the week, today's Thursday so, you'll have two days to get me those batteries. And they have to be double A batteries.
You: Clem, what do you think?
Clem hesitates.
Clem: Fine, but I'll expect you to keep your end of the bargain.
Eli: You've got a deal.
You and Clem leave the bar and head back to your apartment.
You: So, planning on finding those batteries today or tomorrow?
Clem: I don't know, he said two days to get the batteries to him.
You: Search around the place, we found clothes here, so maybe we'll find batteries too.
Clem: I hope so, but right now, I'm not really feeling like looking for it right now, I wanna relax right now, with you.
You: What do you wanna do?
Clem: I don't know, what to do for entertainment.
You: We just ate, there's no video games or tv here, all we have is each other.
Clem: Yeah, and I never get bored with you.
She says dragging you to the couch.
She sets to down and immediately starts kissing you passionately. Your tongues wrestled for a bit, but you won. This went on for a while, but Clem slept in your arms.
You: Wow, really Clem, its morning and you go to sleep.
You look at Clem again.
You: Damn, she's so cute up close. I'm really lucky aren't I.
You pick her up and lay down on the bed with Clem. She didn't seem to notice.
You: Love you Clem.
You say as you plant a kiss on her forehead, as you do, a smile forms on her face.
You: I know you can hear me Clem, I'll be back.
Clem: Okay....let me take a nap. Find me a water bottle if you can.
You: Yeah sure.
That was the first time you've seen Clem being lazy, never thought it would happen. You leave the room and remember, you haven't checked the second room since you first got here.
You open the door and you were surprised. There was a duffel bag, an a pistol, and a knife.
You: Holy shit.
You check the duffel bag, ignoring the two other weapons on the table. You open the bag and find two packs of AA batteries, ammo, three water bottles full, and two cans of food. But something was under the table, you inspected closer and grabbed it. It was a sword in its sheaf.
You: Holy shit, Clem's gonna love this!

The sword itself was more badass then your old one

The sword itself was more badass then your old one. You remembered the deal with Eli, you could give these to him for the ammo, but later. You entered the bedroom and Clem was still in bed.
You: Clem, look what I found.
Clem slowly opens her eyes and sees what your holding, the sword.
Clem: Holy shit, a new one for you?
You: For you.
Clem: Come here.
Instead of grabbing the sword she grabs you onto the bed. You set down the stuff on the floor and get on the bed with Clem.
Clem: So what did you find?
She says crawling into your arms
You: I found a pistol, a knife, and a duffel with food, water, AA batteries, and the sword I found for you.
Clem: Nice, sorry for being like this. I.. just wanna be with you (Y/N).
You: I know Clem, I wanna be with you too.
You say pulling her closer to your chest
You: Well, I wanna stay like this all day, but I think everyone's gonna be worried about us.
Clem: Relax, they probably know where to find us.
Moments pass
Clem: The only person I'm worried about is AJ.....
You: Clem...... I promise, we'll get him back.
Clem: I want my little goofball back more then anything, except maybe you.
You: Clem cmon, he's a little kid, he's probably more important than me.
Clem: If I ever had to choose, who to live...... I couldn't choose.
You: You've protected AJ for a long time, I know that you'll find him, with or without me.
Clem: I.. I think we should head out.
You: Where to?
Clem: Outside of Prescott, after we meet Eli.
You: Fine, as long as we come back.
Clem: Alright.
You: Cmon sleepyhead, if you wanna go, then you better hurry up.
Clem: Your on!

That's gonna be it for today, I hope you've enjoyed this chapter, I'm thinking of renaming the book, maybe... I start my first day of school tomorrow, so I'll try to update as much as I can. Anyways, I'll see you guys in the next chapter.