20

You wake in a cell, you hear people calling you to get up. A bald headed guy with a beard kicks you in the ribs.
Guard: Get up!
You glanced at your wound, your shirt was still stained, but the bullet still left some pain. Your weapons were missing.
Guard: We ain't got all day, not to mention that you shot one of my friends.
You get up and walk out of the cell, as you walk out, you notice that there was no one else there.
Guard: So, who shot first?
He knew what happened, he just wanted an answer from you.
You: That guy Max, he shot first.
Guard: But you shot him too!
Moments pass, you were on the empty street. Looking at all the destruction that had been caused by the raiders.
Guard: You were from here?
You: You don't have the right to now.
Guard: Maybe not now, but the leaders will.
You: The leaders, are they the same from leaders before this place went to shit?
Guard: No, they're new leaders running this place. We one person live, and he became a leader.
You: Like they would let anyone live.
Guard: I'm trying to be nice here, but the leaders won't be as kind, I'd take that kindness!
You: Fine.
Time skip
You arrive at the church and walk inside, you spot four people talking to each other. There was a man in a hat, a short woman, a man a yellow shirt, and Dr. Lingard.
Guard: Hey, I brought the intruder.
Dr. Lingard: Hey, I recognize him.
Woman: Paul, who is this?
Dr. Lingard: Joan, that's (Y/N), he lived here in Richmond before it got raided.
Joan: Is that so, David, Clint, what do you think.
David: He could be dangerous, he knows that we're the ones who attacked Richmond.
Clint: Listen, I feel bad for the citizens of the old Richmond, we have to treat him with respect.
David: We can't trust him yet, brand him first, then he's one of us. He has to become one of us New Frontier.
You: What do you mean brand?!
David points to his brand on his neck.
Clint: Its an initiation, if not, then you-
Joan: Die.
Clint: Joan!
Joan: Hang on Clint, (Y/N), do you have a group?
You: Why should I tell you?
Joan: If it weren't for us, you would be dead by now. Now do you have a group?
You: I'm not saying anything.
David: I think he has a group, why would he be hiding it.
Clint: That's true.
Joan: Don't lie to me, do you have a group?
You: Dammit fine, I have a group!
Joan: Listen, you can find your group and come back to us, or you just die. And to ensure that, I'll be sending some of my men with you.
You: Why would you care so much about a single group?!
Joan: Population, we need more people.
You: If I bring them back, will you hurt any of them?
Joan: Depends on how they act. I'll be sending that order now.
Clint: It'll be fine if you just trust us.
David: Don't try anything though, lead them into a trap, or attack and I'll have you dead in a minute.
You: Fine, I'll go.
Joan: Good, but you won't get your weapons back until you heed my orders.
You: Shit, what did I do, WHAT DID I DO!?

Sorry if this was a short chapter, but I haven't mentioned some of the people that inspired me to write this. The shoutouts go to Silentrain12 and HavenTrooper57 for inspiring me to make this story. I really don't know at what point to end this book, but I wanna make last. See you guys in the next chapter.