(Three: For Forever)

"Okay, team. New mission."

"I thought we agreed we were going to call ourselves 'The Thunderbirds' from now on?"

"I didn't agree to that. Moony, did you agree to that?"

"No. I thought we were the Scooby Gang."

"Wormtail?"

"I think Thunderbirds is cool."

Sirius Black rolled his eyes. The boys were sat in the Gryffindor dormitory, lounging lazily over beds and armchairs. Remus was folded up on the window seat with a book on his knees, James was sprawled across his bed, poking at a snitch he'd stolen last year with Peter watching him avidly and Sirius was standing, trying to command the attention of his friends. For the first time, he thought he knew how Minnie felt.

Logan, the fifth member of the dormitory, was missing, as he was most of the time in a free period, presumably off with Alex somewhere.

"Prongs," Sirius began. James looked up, "What do you know about Alex Fawley?"

James frowned, "The girl from the train? She's Logan's mate, right? Why don't you ask him?"

"'Cause I'm talking to you, aren't I?" Sirius didn't want the knowledge of his interest in Alex getting back to her, though he wasn't quite sure why he was so bothered.

James leant back on his bed, seemingly satisfied, "Pureblood; one of the twenty-eight, but not an important one. Her parents are Black family wannabees. They haven't outright declared war on muggleborns, but they're still looking for an... advantageous match for their kids."

Sirius chewed his lip thoughtfully, "She's got a brother, right?"

"Micah." James confirmed, "Slytherin. You know him, don't you?"

Sirius did. Micah Fawley wasn't one of the worst of them, arrogant as they come, though. He always seemed to do inexplicably well at everything. A bit too much of a teacher's pet for Sirius's liking.

He snorted his disapproval, "One of Snivelous's buddies?"

"That's the one."

Sirius knew first hand that families were often made up of people you would think shared nothing in common, most principally blood. Still, his only real experience of twins had been the Prewett brothers, and they were as close as they came. Maybe Alex Fawley was more interesting than she seemed.

"She's done nothing wrong." Remus's voice crept out from behind his book, "She doesn't deserve whatever you've got planned."

"Why do you always assume the worst about me?" Sirius pouted.

"You have to admit, I'm usually right." Remus pointed out.

"I admit nothing!" Sirius clambered onto an armchair, shooting his finger into the air in indignation.

Remus, without looking up, shot a spell from behind his book. It hit Sirius square in the chest, sending him toppling onto his bed.

"Argh!" Sirius cried, flinging his arms out to cushion his fall, "Man down! Go on without me! Carry my name always in your hearts and-"

"Lunch." James mused, looking at the dusty old clock shaped like the Queen's face that stood proudly on the mantelpiece. James's parents had thought it would be a funny gift for some reason none of them quite understood.

Sirius bounced upright instantly, "And suddenly I am recovered."

"Shocking." Remus sighed, closing his book and clambering to his feet. Working together, Remus and Sirius dragged James off his bed, Peter scrambling hurriedly to follow.