Chapter 9 - valentines dace part 3

Authors notes- so this is the Valentine's Day dance part 3. The one where the actual dance takes place. I hope u guys don't mind, I decided for this episode I didn't want as much as a plot as I usually put in, I just wanted a sweet episode where everyone's kinda just being sweet and romantic and happy. Tell me if you find it to boring, and I'll make sure to put in a plot for all chapters, but if you like this I might make more like this. Either way, enjoy!

Newts pov

I walked up to Sophie's front porch. I smiled. This was going to be my first dance with a girl. And it was lucky enough to be with Sophie. My dream girl. This was my fairytale. I thought this day would never come. But here I am. I thought taking the moment in
. I straightened out my black suit with a little red bow tie. Then I reached out to knock on the brown door. After a couple seconds Louis from the football team, ( one of Sophie's brothers ) answered the door. "newt what's up?" He asked happy to see me. "Uhh I came to take Sophie to the dance" I said. "Um the dance starts in like three hours" said Louis checking his watch. "I know I told Sophie I'd be coming early, I'm taking her to dinner" I said. Just as Louis was about to reply I saw Sophie walk up behind him. I stared blankly. She looked more then beautiful. She looked like a Greek goddess. She looked like an angel dropped down from heaven, either that or the prettiest red devil I'd ever seen. She wore a long silky red dress with side cut outs. "Sophie.. " I smiled in awe looking at her. She smiled back. "To much?" She asked self consciously tugging at her dress. Louis stepped out of the way. "No!" I replied. "You look... you look... just wow" I said smiling.  Sophie blushed. "Has anyone ever told you that that you look hot in a suit?" She asked smiling. "No" I answered quickly shaking my head. She laughed an adorable little laugh. "Well you do, you also look adorable which is confusing me" she said sweetly. "You are so the perfect girl" I said in disbelief. "I know" she said smiling. "Where are we going?" Sophie asked seeing there was no car. "We're taking a walk" I said smiling. "That sounds pretty romantic" she said smiling at me. "I hope so" I said. then Sophie looked down and frowned. "What's wrong?" I asked. "I'm wearing high heels and it's muddy out" she said. I smiled. "Hop on" I said bending over suggesting she jump on my back. "Newt I don't think you can carry me" she said smiling. "Just trust me" I said firmly. She was hesitant, but did get on my back. I lifted her up on my back. "Wow, you gained some muscle there!" She said laughing from on my back. "No you're just really light" I said. She frowned "how did you know that?" She asked raising an eyebrow. "Before we started dating I asked your brothers to find out how much you weighed and tell me me" I admitted a bit embarrassed. "What, why?" She asked. "Because I knew when we started dating I wanted to be able to pick you up so I lifted things that were your weight on my back" I said more embarrassed. "That's kinda cute" Sophie said. "Really? Everyone else would have given me a weird look" I said. "Well I'm not everyone else" she said smiling. We walked like this for about 10 minutes, just talking. I loved talking with Sophie. It made everything feel better to know I had her. I wanted her forever. "We're here" I said stopping. I had taken her to a beach, it was a Lonely beach that was usually pretty deserted, that was a shame because it was beautiful. Especially at sun set. "Woah" Sophie said getting off my back and looking up at the sky. "It's beautiful" she said not taking her eyes of all the warm colours dancing across the big blue sky. "I thought you might like it here" I said smiling. "I do" she said. "I'm convinced you can do all our date night planning from now on" she added. "Yay! Our date nights are gonna be the best!" I cheered happily "I can see that" she said nodding. Then I put down a large bag I was carrying and opened it. I took out a large blue blanket and layer it on the sand. She smiled. "Is this what I think it is?" She asked. "Well if your thinking this is a dinner picnic on the beach then your most certainly right" I said taking out pillows and candles and laying it around us. She leaned in and kissed me. It was magical. It was every time, and I knew it always would be. "Your amazing" she said looking in to my eyes. "Really?!" I asked excitedly. "Yes! Look at all this!" Sophie said reassuring me. "We'll make yourself comfortable I said sitting down on the blanket. She sat down and snuggled up with a pillow. Then I took out some food from my bag. And we had dinner. We watched the sun set. But as Sophie watched the sun I realized she was prettier then the sunset. I watched her eyes light up, and I watched the beautiful colours reflect of her. We sat there and talked for about an hour, and we probably would have talked forever if not for a sudden outburst of rain. "Oh no" I said looking up at the sky as rain hit my face. "I guess this means we should go now, I don't want to wreck your dress". I said disappointed. "Newt it's okay, it's been boiling all day, it's light rain and it's refreshing," she said staying still. "We'll get wet" I said. "Worth it" she said pulling me back down. "I'm glad this doesn't ruin date night for you" I said taking off my jacket and giving it to her. Sophie laughed and looked around. "Nothing could ruin this" she said taking the jacket. Then we snuggled up together keeping each mother warm. We watched the sunset in silence till it was time to go to the dance.

Bella's pov
Troy had picked me up for the dance and brought me to it. At first when we started dancing we danced how friends would dance on a regular hang out. I had told him I liked him the other day when I accepted his request but he hadn't replied. Just excused himself to another room. He hadn't told me he liked me back, so I was wondering if we were together as friends or if this was a date. I didn't want to make the first move just in case he had only asked me as a friend. Just then I felt a tap on my back. I turned around to see Sophie. "Hey you look great!" She said hugging me. "You do to! But your soaking wet"
I said looking at her wrenched hair and dress. "Yeah.... me and newt had a picnic dinner" she said smiling. "Awee that's so cute" I said. "I know" she said smiling. "So you came here with Troy, how's that going?" Sophie asked deviously. "I like him more then I should" I admitted. "I think you guys would be cute" she said approvingly. "He doesn't like me". I replied. "Bella I love you but your an idiot, he asked you here!" "Plus he asked pepper how to get you to go with him!" Sophie said encouragingly. "When I told him I liked him he didn't reply" I said disappointed. "Alright well then go over there and get your answer!" Sophie said. "What?! Go over there? I can't I'll seem desperate" I argued. "Look Bella, newt was the most desperate person around and I still fell in love with him" she argued back. "Yes but newt was desperate and you were the kind of girl who didn't show her emotions but you loved newt deep down, you balanced each other out" I said. "I want Troy to love me like newt loves you" I added. "And you'll never know if he does until you ask him" Sophie said. I looked over at Troy getting two cups of punch with newt. They were talking. "There probably talking about you right now" Sophie pointed out. "Ok fine" I said going over to Troy. "Hey Bella" Troy said passing me some punch. "Hey" I said taking it giving him a smile. "Do you want to dance?" He asked. "Yeah I'd like that" I agreed taking his hand as a slow dance started to play. We danced at a safe distance for a while. But eventually I got the courage to ask him. "So I told you I like you... how do you feel about me?" I said nervously looking up at him. "Bella I thought it was obvious, I really like you as more then  a friend" he said smiling back. I sighed in relief. "I'm glad" I said resting my head against his chest. "Bella, would you like to be my girlfriend?" He asked. I was shocked. I looked up at him and smiled. "I think I'd like that very much. I smiled as Troy pulled me closer. Then we danced the night away.

Sophie's pov

As a slow dance started to play newt walked up to me. "So I've been waiting all night to dance with you" he smiled looking up at me. "Well then come and get it" I teased. Newt laughed as he pulled me right up to his warm body. He held me with a strong grip. I felt so safe. And I was comfortable. But not in a boring way. It was exiting at the same time. "Hey your a good dancer" I said looking at his footwork. "I've got a couple moves" he said smiling at me sarcastically. We danced and lightly chatted for the rest of the song. At the end he kissed me briefly. And when it was over. He pulled something out of his pocket. "I've got a surprise for you" he said reaching around in his deep pocket. "How very exciting " I said smiling. Just then he grabbed out a little black box. Then he got down on one knee. And open the box. It was a ring. Then....... I went into panic mode. "Woah woah woah! Newt! We're only 14 what are you doing! I mean I love you and eventually this could happen but we're in grade 8! " I said panicking. "Sophie calm down I'm not proposing" he said laughing. "Oh thank god" I said relaxing. Newt smiled. "Your cute when you panic" he added. I smiled. "You say that about everything I do" I said raising an eyebrow. "And I mean it every time" he said seriously. "Sophie you make the world a perfect place, you light up a room by just stepping in it, and you complete my life by just being in it, we may only be 14 but I know you are the best thing that I could ever have in my life, and I know that you are like my second half and I need you to function, your the love of all my fourteen years, so I'm giving this to show you how much I love you Its called a promise ring" newt said on his knees. "A promise ring?" I asked. "If you take it, it means that we both promise to spend the rest of our lives together, and get married eventually" he said smiling at me hopefully. "Well in that case," I said taking the ring and putting it on. "I'll cherish it forever" I said sure of my answer. I didn't need a second to think. And I wasn't taking this lightly. A promise is a promise. And the only future I saw for my self was one where newt was there right beside me, no matter what I was doing. Light filled newts eyes and he stood up and hugged me. "I love you so much Sophie" he told me, thankful for my answer. "I love you too" I said hugging him back.