Chapther 6 - trouble in paradise

Authors notes- alright guys this is gonna be a real long chapter, hope you enjoy I worked really hard on it. If you have any suggestions leave it in the comments. Thanks for reading

Newts pov
"Wow newt, that was the best I've ever seen you play!" Said coach patting me on the back as the team went in to the locker room after practice.
"Thanks coach!" I said smiling.
"Yeah what's your secret!" Sawyer asked very interested.
"I know, it must be his new relationship with asha!" Said Troy. "Actually that didn't work out" I said. "Awe poor guy" said sawyer.
"Actually I'm glad it didn't work out... I'm with Sophie now" I said smiling. Just then all the boys on the team burst out laughing. "Back on that dream already?" Troy teased. "Listen buddy you gotta move on already" sawyer insisted. Then Bella stepped up. "Actually it's true, Sophie told me she liked newt" she said. "Wait seriously!?" Troy stammered. "Is Sophie ok?" Sawyer asked concerned. "Get over yourselves, I think they make a cute couple" Bella defended. "thank you Bella" I said. "Actually, said coach. I can't let you two date. She's a cheerleader so she could be a distraction to you while you play" said coach. "What?! Are you kidding me I sit on the bench the whole game!" I said freaked out. "I know I'm totally kidding" coach said laughing as he went to his office. "So.... how's it going with you two" Troy asked. "Actually I haven't seen her since we decided to date last night" I said. "Ohh maybe she's trying to avoid you because she came to her senses this morning" Sawyer said. I frowned. "Thanks for the support" I said sarcastically. "Uh I mean wait to go newt!" Said Sawyer. "Yeah Sophie's a 9.8!" Said Troy. "Um... excuse me? Your rating my friends?" Bella said. "Don't worry Bella. Your a 10!" Said Troy winking. I noticed Bella blush. "Actually Sophie's like a 100" I said. Troy shrugged and Bella laughed. But for a second there I think I saw a bit of a spark between them.

Sophie's pov
"And then what?!" Pepper asked very intrigued whith my story. "He asked me to be his girlfriend" I said smiling. "And what did you say?!" "I said yes!" "Congratulations!" Said pepper cheering. "Wow, I never thought I'd see the day where you and newt went out." "To be honest me neither". I replied as cheer practice ended. "I'm gonna go get my books from my locker" I said waving goodbye to pepper. As I neared my locker I was surprised ( in the worst way possible ) to see Justin waiting by my locker. "Justin? What are you doing here?" I said angrily. "I just came  here to apologize" he said calmly. "I don't care" I said. "Sophie please hear me out" he pleaded. "Leave me alone" I said walking away. "I made a mistake and I'm sorry, let's give us another chance" he said running  after me. "To late I'm with someone else now" I said in my sassiest tone. "What who?" He asked. "Newt" I replied. He laughed. "That nerd?" "At least he's not an arrogant meat head" I replied. "Oh yeah? Tell me you don't want this" he said leaning in. And before I could stop it he kissed me. I pushed him away after a second of shock. "I told you to leave me alone!" I said pushing him into a locker. "Whatever Sophie" he said walking away. "But for the record, that night on our date, I was with another girl". He said smiling. "Newsflash, I don't care" I said walking away.

Newts pov.
I couldn't believe what I just saw. I had been looking for Sophie, and my first instinct was to check the field where they hold cheer practice. I found pepper there and she told me Sophie had gone to her locker. As I approached her locker I heard fighting. I looked around a corner to see what was going on and I saw it. Sophie kissing a tall handsome guy. I closed my eyes and ran away before I could see anymore of it. I ran into the locker room. I can't believe Sophie did this. I can't believe this is happening. Sawyer and Troy were probably right. Sophie had came to her senses and realized she didn't want to be with me. Of course she did. It was all too good to be true. I'd kill that guy if I had any kind of strength. But I don't I'm just useless newt.
Two days later
Newts pov
I had skipped school yesterday in order to avoid having to talk to Sophie about her kiss. But I knew I would have to go back eventually. So I decided why not today. I nervously opened the doors to Silverado west and walked in. Ironically the first person I saw was Sophie. "Newt!" "Your back, what happened?" She said smiling as she greeted me by the door. I decided I should probably be mad at her. So I walked past her without a word. "Newt,what's wrong?" She asked putting her hand on my shoulder. I heard concern in her voice so I turned around. I looked at her face. She looked worried. And sad. It was hard to be mad at Sophie, I couldn't do it. "I'm sorry I just... need some space right now" I said as gently as I could. But that sad expression on her face didn't move. "I don't understand, I thought we had this all worked out... I thought we were going to be together" she said Sadly. This was hard. She was showing her emotions, she was a tough girl so for her to do that was a big deal. Usually I'm known for giving in. I wanted to just forgive her, but I couldn't let her toy with my emotions. I loved her so much, it would hurt to much to feel like I had her when really she was cheating on me.