A Very Ape-ish Wedding

Mother really could not wait for us to get used to the fact Caesar is going to court me before she can hook us up.

"Mother, can I just wear my green outfit and not this itchy, white flowery outfit?"

I asked with a placid smile. Mother glared and shook her head before readjusting the flower crown on my head and adding more paint to the patterns on my skin.

"You are going to be the future queen of this tribe Kira so you better dress up like one if you can't act like one!"

I'd rather go mud swimming than wearing something so...girly.

I shook that thought out knowing mother would probably kill me if I did on my wedding day.

Mother officially (without my permission) became the wedding planner and you have no idea how many flowers and vines she brought which made me wonder if she was going to overdid the decors like she did on my 5th birthday when I was a child.

Ryker came in the room with Livius in tow and saw me.

He laughed, bruising my pride and ego with embarrassment.

"Sis, you look like a girl!"

I snarled and bashed my hand to his face.

"Watch what your saying or you'll end up coming to my wedding with a bruised head"

Ryker grinned a bit and Livius signed.

"You look beautiful sister"

I smiled and signed.

"When you find yourself a mate, make sire mothers not going to be the wedding planner"

Mother hooted in annoyance and pinned the woven spider web veil she made on the flower crown.

Father came in and took a quick look at me and smiled.

"You have grown Kira"

I smiled at him as he held out his hand and I gently took it.

Mother pushed Livius and Ryker out to go take their seats as father led me to the entrance of the ceremonial hall.

***

Caesar had never been so nervous in his entire life.

He had faced many dangers in his life but this one was proving to be quite challenging for him.

If Maurice hadn't straightened him out before the ceremony, he wasn't sure if was going to go through with this.

As soon as the ivy vines that covered the entrance opened, all heads turned to Caesar's bride and their new queen.