Chapter XX

And I never minded being on my own. Then something broke in me and I wanted to go home. To be where you are. But even closer to you, you seem so very far— Florence and The Machine, Wish That You Were Here

_______________________________________________

"Ah, finally!" Pitch cheered.

I inhaled a trembled breath and slowly made my way closer to everyone.

"Tsk, tsk." Pitch wagged his finger before putting the sword up to Jack's throat. "That's close enough."

I came to an abrupt halt, when I was only now a few feet away.

Tooth worriedly spoke. "What are you doing here?"

"Yes what are you doing here? I mean, it is nice you finally were able to join us." Pitch asked with a sadistic grin.

"Sorry, I guess you could say I was...snowed in?" I winked a Jack who at first down casted his icy eyes but looked up at me with a small smile.

"Well, since you're here now, I'll start with you." Pitch removed the sword way from Jack, shoving him to the ground, and pointed it towards me.

I didn't say a word as I prepared myself for Pitches attack, ignoring the Guardians cries for me to get out of here, to run away. I closed my eyes, again I took in a breath, gracefully lifted my hand, my palm faced towards Pitch as he charged at me. The second the tip of his sword touched the center of my palm, my hand glowed and released a radiant ball of light. In a quick flash, Pitch's weapon exploded, and ribbons of light swirled around, along with twinkling little jewels rained down around us.

"W-what?! No!" Pitch roared in frustration.

"Turns out I am a Guardian..." I looked over at the wide-eyed, flabbergasted five. "Who knew right?" I shrugged, turning my attention back to Pitch who took a few steps back.

I took a step forward, not before Pitch sent the Shadow Guardians after me. I slapped on a confident grin and with both my hands at my side, as if it was the most natural thing in the world to do, I slowly raised them, summoning balls of light that appeared before me, then thin streaks began to attach themselves to these balls of light, all coming together like a game of 'connect the dots', creating a symbol I knew all too well from my time in the planetarium.

A bright flashed blinded us.

Opening my eyes I saw that there were bright, twinkling transparent presence. One of them being of a lion and in my shock whispered. "Leo..."

"What is that?" Pitch growled.

I looked up wide-eyed and I couldn't help but smile. "Oh-ho, you in trouble now!" I excitedly said. "This is the star constellation, Leo." I gently pat the transparent mane of the Lion. "Now go get'em." I ordered and with a mighty roar the Lion charged.

The Shadow Guardians stopped in their tracks and hesitated as they stared at each other.

"What are you doing? Attack!" Pitched yelled, throwing his arms in a frantic gesture.

I remained where I was as I worked up the power I felt course through my veins, I created more constellations one after another as I called forth their names. "Hydra, the water Serpent,. Sagittarius, the archer. Lupus, the wolf..." As I continued to make constellations appear one more came to mind and calmly speaking its name, she appeared before me. "Andromeda, the chained lady..." In a bright light, a silhouette of a Goddess, wearing a long flowy dress, wrists tied in chains, hovered before me.