Chapter XVII

Mulai dari awal

"Ha-ha!" North roared.

"Yay!" Tooth flew into me, hugging me tightly.

Bunny hopped over and patted my on the back. "Now that's what I like to hear, mate."

Sandy circled with a happy expression.

Jack walked up with a crooked smile and an eyebrow raised. "Why the sudden change of heart?"

I scratched the back of my head. "I guess...I realized that I was being selfish, unfair, and stubborn, and okay, maybe a little stupid—just tell me when to stop."

"You sure about this?" His eyebrow raised.

"Jack Frost, all you have to do is believe." I teased, shooting a playful smirk while poking at his chest.

He chuckled. "All right then."

I clapped my hands. "So, what's the plan?"

The Guardians all look at each other, smiling, as if reading each other's minds, then back at me.

I shrugged. "What?"

_______________(Some Time Later...)___________________

"Oh, woe is me...How I've lost my way, Jack where ever could you be?" I wandered through the empty streets of a quiet neighbourhood, dramatically calling out. "Where ever could the Guardians—Okay, you know what, this is stupid!" I stopped and turned to face some nearby bushes. "This isn't going to work!"

Bunny popped his head out from a nearby tree. "Shh...you're doing fine mate, keep going!"

"This was the best plan you five could come up with?" I mumbled, turning back around to walk a little more distance. "Pitch probably knows you're all here."

Walking through a quiet neighbourhood, spotting each one of the Guardian's hiding spots; Bunny hiding behind some shrubs, however with his hears sticking up it's a dead giveaway. Tooth hovering behind a tree, which you can hear her wings humming a mile away, Sandy leaving a sparkling, gold trail of Sand leading up to some trashcans, and North...

"Really, North?" I say, staring at him, with his large frame from behind a lamp post.

"Shh...I'm hiding." He said.

My fingers pinch the area between my brows as they furrow and I sigh. Then, something tells me to look up at the sky and I do so. I watched as black clouds that made the street lamps, and porch lights flicker, the wind picked up and gave off an unnerving vibe. "Oh no..." I hoarsely said.

A blast of cold air whooshes behind me and I spin around to see Jack.

"What are you doing? You're supposed to be hiding." I said, trying to push him to go hide.

He laughed and took one of my hands. The coolness that he gave off was actually refreshing and calmed me down. "Come on...you really think this was going to work?"

"We're going about this all wrong." I sigh, retrieving my hand from Jack's and scratching the back of my head, looking around the neighbourhood.

"So what do we do?" North said, as he and the other Guardians come out of their 'hiding spots'.

As the Guardians talked amongst themselves, I stood there, arms crossed, trying to think of something.