Then a tap on my shoulder had me jump a couple feet forward and yelp.

"Whoa, hey, it's just me." Jack jumped back, startled by my scream.

I lightly punched Jack in the arm once I knew it was him. "Don't do that!"

Jack just shrugged with a crooked grin.

Once my heart was beating regularly again I asked. "So, where did you go?"

"Went to go get some friends."

"Friends?" I raised an eyebrow. "Please tell me it's not anymore 'guardians'".

He took a step to the side, revealing a group of kids still in their pajamas but bundled up in winter wear.

"Jamie," Jack kneeled down to the kid with big brown eyes, freckles, short brown hair with a gap in his teeth, "Can you and your friends..." He paused for a moment looking back at me. "Can you see her?"

I examined myself quickly before pointing out the obvious. "What are you talking about, I'm standing right here?"

The kid named, Jamie turned to his friends and they all nodded to one another. "Yeah." Jamie said with a bright smile.

Jack seemed pleased but a second later looked troubled as he was thinking to himself.

"Great, glad that's settled, now was that all we came here for?" I snapped Jack out of his thoughts and back into reality.

With a twirl of his staff and a smile to the kids he said. "No, were going to have a little fun."

The kids seemed excited by that answer as they started running up ahead.

"Last time I checked your definition of fun was what drove me into a snowbank."

Jack laughed. "I promise this is different, now come on." He grabbed my hand and while he hovered off the ground I sprinted after the kids.

We were lead to a frozen pond, surrounded by a forest of dead trees, not too far from the neighbourhood. The ice sparkled like little stars in the sky from the Manny's dim glow. When I looked up at him it startled me to see he only was now only half.

I felt Jack's grip on my hand grow tighter which caught my attention. Staring from our hands that were still intertwined to his blue eyes, I could feel the warmth in my cheeks meaning they'll start turning red and the palms of my hands will start to sweat. Luckily one of the kids interrupted and in a panic I pulled away.

"Jack, come on!" Jamie excitedly gestured Jack to come over to join his friends who were skating., then Jamie turned to me. "Let's go."

"Oh, um." I peeked over to see the kids laughing as they skated on the pond. Nervously, I fiddled with my sleeves. "I think I'll just watch from here."

Jack patted Jamie on the shoulder to go on ahead. "What do you mean, watch?" He then turned to me.

"Exactly what I mean to say," I took a step back, planting my feet into the snow. "I'll just watch." For some reason I couldn't bring myself to look at him, but I could feel his stare penetrate me.

"You don't know how to skate, do you?" Jack ducked his head to be at eye level with me as I hung my head low.

Shot up and waved him off, "What, of course I do. " My laugh came out a little too forceful. "I just, don't..." I took a moment, taking a deep breath and admitting. "Okay, fine I don't know how to skate." When I was about to turn away, Jack placed his hand undermine, carefully leading me on the ice.

"Hey, don't you remember, I'm Jack Frost." He teasingly said.

I became stubborn and dragged my heels. "J-Jack, I'm serious."

"So am I."

He managed to get me on to the ice, immediately my feet were slipping and sliding all over the place. Unlike Jack, who gracefully walked across the ice while he held both of my hands.

"One foot in front of the other, but instead of walking your gliding."

I kept my eyes down at my feet. "Easier said than done." I sighed. My body stiffened as I tried following Jack's advice but my natural ability to learn how to skate wasn't so much lacking anymore as it then became nonexistent.

With a little slip I fell forward into his chest, clinging to him for dear life. Then trying to stand up straight I was beginning to fall backwards, but either way I was stilling holding onto Jack and he didn't seem to mind.

Jack had gotten a kick out of watching my attempt at skating. "Hey, you're gonna be okay, I got you."

I bit my bottom lip, and continued to stare down at my feet feeling embarrassed.

"I won't let go." He whispers kindly.

Without saying anything I glanced up at him to see if he really meant it.

As Jack nodded with a reassurance, "You have to believe in me." He began to pull me slowly, my legs trembled while I took little glides at a time.

For the first time I could feel heat warm my hands, but it wasn't my own.