Chapter 1

Chapter  1

It was funny, how things can change in a single moment. The way the single thread of hope you hold so closely to your heart can be ripped away, along with your heart. Sometimes, in my deep slumber I wonder, what did I do to deserve such agony.

No matter how far I run, Death always seems to follow behind. A constant reminder of the end. Some say death is both a beginning or the end. Some say it is a gift, others say it is curse to behold. But to me death is not the beginning, not the end, I should know. I'm stuck in between. 

Between what you may ask. Well to put it simply I am between life and death. Stuck in an endless slumber, for how long, I don't know. Will I wake from this slumber? That too remains a mystery. Even to me. 

Limbo. I guess that's where I am. Sometimes I want to let go, surender to the darkness for once and for all, but then I remember. I remember that he wouldn't want this for me. He would want me to live, to live life to its fullest. So I wait, wait for what? I don't know, maybe the light. 

I guess y'all wondering how I got here in the first place, stuck between life and death, in the middle of two paths leading in completely opposite directions.

It was the Accident. The day everything changed for the good or the bad I have no clue. 

***

Flashback

Laughter eruupted as we fell over, clutching our stomachs as the laughter soon turned into aches, as he recounted the story, his animated face, the sparkle in eyes and that half-smile caused a flutter of butterflies to ensnare my heart. Watching him smile, laughing I couln't help but smile, oh, how I loved him. He was my life, my love, my everything.

Clutching the steering wheel with one hand, he grasped my hand in his other, lifting it he kissed it, buttersoft yet so sweet. I smiled at him, and he returned it with that familiar half smile.

"I love you,"  he told me,

"I love you too, soo much," I told him.

That half smile turned into a full blown smirk, "I know." 

"So conceited," I laughed smacking his arm with my hand, his bulging muscles flexing beneath my hand.

"And you love it." 

The red light flashed once, twice then thrice, that alone should have warned us something was wrong, but nay, the minute the light flashed green, we were off, the last thing I saw was the beam of light followed by beeping, he steered the wheel to the left, throwing his arms around me we braced ourselves, neither ready for the brunt of the impact of the truck.

The sirens of the ambulance, as well as the blood seeping out from my loves eyes, as the sparkle winkled out and his body slumped forth. My vision blurred, as images blurred my eyes closed and I fell into the depths of darkness. 

The chains of darkness tugged on me, the tendrils enveloping my body as coldness filled me. Darkness swallowed me, everywhere I looked darkness followed, I tried running, but it caught up. I was trapped. 

***

I've named it now. The darkness, it was Lucifer, King of Hell, the fallen angel. Sometimes I can hear his laugh, that devilish laugh that caused fear to enshadow every movement, every breathe of air I longed to take in, but I couldn't, otherwise he'd find me. Take me away forever. So I stopped breathing, I held my breath, so he never found me. Never took me to hell. Death couldn't find me either, sometimes I thought he'd given up, but then I remembered, Death was chasing me, it has since the day I was born.  But I refuse. I refuse to give in to death, to let him take me away. Not now. Not ever. That much I can promise.

hey everyone!!

okay so this is chapter 1 and I know it is extremely short so I apologise, and even a bit boring but it will get etter soon :D

STAY TUNED FOR UPCOMING CHAPTERS....

AND OH, BEFORE I FORGET ..........

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

JUNIOR_98