"Try To Not Hate School"

Percy Weasley

The sun shines down brightly on my face. The heat is beginning to get to me and I groan in frustration.

"Why does it always have to be so hot outside?" I begin to pack my things, but jump at the sound of a voice.

"Talking to yourself? That's unhealthy, Perce." Caitlin grins down at me. She's wearing a white button up shirt with a pair of jeans and black boots. Her hair is a bright red and orange mix.

"I was just complaining about how hot it is out here." She laughs.

"Well maybe you wouldn't be burning up if you were wearing something other than a jumper and thick jeans." She isn't wrong.

"Well I usually dress like this, if you haven't noticed." She holds out her hand and I stare confusingly at it.

"Are you going to get up or not?" I nod and take her hand. She yanks me up and I nearly fall from force.

"Woah! Thanks." Suddenly she placed her hands on my shoulders and jumps on my back.

"What're you doing?" She shrugs.

"Carry me back to the castle, I'm lazy." I shake my head.

"Cait, get down." She shakes her head in a refusing way.

"Nope. Please, Perce?" She rests her head on my right shoulder and her hot breath hits my neck. I shudder and she grins.

"Fine. Where to? Library?" She shakes her head again.

"The Hufflepuff basement, please." I walk at a steady pace with one book wrapped under her leg, and the other carrying my book and quill.

"You know something? I don't do this for many friends." She smiles widely as we enter the school.

"Well I know that I'm exceptionally small. Only five feet tall and about eighty pounds." Woah. She's a little overly skinny. That's really unusually light and slightly unhealthy.

"Eighty pounds? You're a little unhealthily skinny." She shakes her head.

"No, I am not. I usually eat french yogurt. It's a very healthy breakfast and lunch. You should try it sometime. Maybe I could get you some before we go to the library!" Her enthusiasm makes me smile widely.

"Alright. I'll try some of your skinny food." She jumps off my back as we near the basement.

"You realize that you're skinny too, right?" I shrug and she taps an odd rhythm onto the wooden door. It swings open and she steps inside the tunnel.

"Are you going to wait there?" I nod.

"Why not?" She smiles and waved before disappearing behind the door.

After minute of waiting, the door opens and I turn to face it.

"Hey, Cait-" A girl that I recognize as Verabexa walks out confusedly.

"Were you expecting Caitlin?" I nod and she smirks.

"She was just talking about you." I can feel my face become hot and I rub the back of my neck.