"Midriff"

Percy Weasley

"Is that Caitlin Prickott I see wearing a hot outfit?"I nudge Oliver in the side and he lightly gasps. Caitilin walks out of the great hall with her friends and Oliver and I watch.

Her robes fail to cover her clothes, a grey shirt that shows her midriff and a white silk looking skirt that shouldn't be worn in public. They head towards the stairs and disappear from our view.

"She really was. Does she always dress like that?" He turns to me and I shrug.

"I don't know. I've only ever seen her in uniform." He shakes his head and drinks the last of his pumpkin juice.

"Showing that much skin is bold. Especially her stomach. A lot of the guys were staring at her." I return to eating my meatloaf and shake my head.

"Midriff. It's called a midriff." He stands up from the table and gets ready to walk out.

"Whatever. I just know that she looked good." He walks out and only seconds later, I follow.

We sit in our dormitory room by ourselves since Jake and Robbie are most likely talking to Ravenclaw girls. I read through a textbook of questions in Spanish and try to answer them out loud.

"Why're you so hung up on learning Spanish, Perce?" I flip the page and continue to read.

"Because it's a very common language and I wish to go to South America one day." Oliver nods and writes in a large notebook.

"What've you got there, Ollie?" He glances up at me and continues to write.

"Quidditch notes and diagrams. Why do you ask?" I try not to laugh as I prepare to insult him.

"Because I've never seen you writing in your free time." He rolls his eyes and I take off my jumper. My salmon pink button up shirt is now wrinkled and I try to straighten it out. I push up my glasses and flip the page in my book.

Robbie walks in with his hair ruffled and his shirt messily buttoned up. Oliver shakes his head.

"Off snogging someone, Robsicle?" His face gets redder than it was before and Oliver smirks.

"Unwise of you, Robbie. You should be studying for exams instead of snogging a girl." He shakes his head and flops his entire body onto his bed.

"Percy, can you relax? Not everything is about studying. Have some fun for once, will you?" I groan as Robbie speaks.

"Well I apologize for being someone who doesn't snog girls, fail classes, and play quidditch. I apologize for being what you would call a buzzkill." I close the curtains on my four poster and light the tip of my wand. I continue to read the questions and answer them to myself.

After going through another twenty questions, I set my book down and open my curtain. Oliver is still focusing hard on his notebook while Sam, Jake, and Robbie are fast asleep. I pull out my blue jumper with a white P for Percy on it and some grey sweatpants. I change out of my button up shirt and khaki pants and crawl into my bed.

"Are you going to sleep anytime soon, Oliver." He looks up at me and shrugs.

"I don't want to, but I know I should since I've got quidditch tomorrow." He sets down his notebook and lays down. I turn over and close my eyes.

I've never seen Caitlin dressed like that before. Is that the real her? Is she really a scandalous girl who likes to have a little danger in her life? If so, then I don't know what to say.

I open my eyes and groan when I see the sun shining brightly. Spring is rolling around again and I know for a fact that I'm not ready for it.

"Rise and shine, Percy! Come on! It's Sunday!" I groan again and sit up. Oliver begins laughing and I frown in confusion.

"What's so funny?" He continues laughing and I notice that Sam, Jake, and Robbie leave the room as a group.

"Go look at your hair, Perce!" I strangle to get up and run to the mirror.

My hair is going in all directions and I finally fully wake up at the sigh of it. I walk back into the room and notice that Oliver is putting on jeans and a Gryffindor quidditch shirt.

"What're you doing today, Perce?" I grab a white button up shirt and some black jeans.

"Library, as always." I take off my sweatpants and slip on the jeans. I button up my shirt and slip my P jumper over it.

"Are you dressing differently now? Black clothes is Bill's thing, isn't it?" I shrug.

"I can be different, can't I?" He nods and I slip on my glasses.

"Um, aren't you going to fix your hair?" I groan at my stupidity and nod as I fix it in the bathroom.

"Thanks for reminding me, Oliver. Now if you'll excuse me..." I grab my stack of Spanish books and my charms book off the nightstand and walk towards the door.

"I've got some buzzkilling to do." He salutes me and I set off as fast as I can to the library.

I head to my usual aisle and find Caitlin sitting in a pair of light wash jeans and a black half shirt. Over it rests a blue flannel that is too big for her and today her hair is blue to black. She looks over at me and smiles.

"Hello, Percy. You look... different." I shrug.

"Thought I'd be like Bill today." She slightly laughs as I sit down.

"I'm pretty sure that Bill Weasley would never wear a button up shirt with a jumper over it." I open my charms book and shrug.

"Well then maybe I wanted to look different." I can hear the scribbling of her pen against her sketchbook paper and let it guide me into a state of focus.

"Hey, Percy?" I stop mid question and pay attention.

"Hm?" She turns around to face me and I watch out of the corner of my eye.

"Do you have any black ink?" I nod and pull it out of my pocket.

"Here you go." She takes it and dips a quill into it.

"Thank you."