Chapter 14

Shadows splayed across the concrete as the Villian Kids padded up to the museum. A single, extremely tired looking guard stood at the entrance. Her badge winked in the moonlight.

Jay, who lead the group, spread his arms as a signal to stop a few feet before reaching the double doors. "Hold up, there's a girl." He whispered. "Just wait a second, I got this."

Evie, who had been behind him, gave a delicate chuckle. "Step aside, mister macho. I can read this girl like a book and she is NOT going to be into YOU." 

She maneuvered around him and in the next second was smirking like a fox over a very red nightwatch officer.

"Helloooo there, darling. Terribly sorry but I'm dreadfully lost and horribly cold so could....could you... possibly...." here, the princess 'absently' fiddled with the collar of the gaurd's shirt, snaking her fingers slowly down to the badge.

"......So sorry my love, what's your name?"

I....I-I uh.....Joy."

Evie chuckled lowly,

"Well then, Joy...it would be a joy if you could let me in for a little bit."

"Well I...I'm not suppo-"

The chuckle leapt from the dark princess's mouth again, this time as a laugh. 

"Oh please, Joy? Come on. Live a little. Where's the thrill in your life every now and then? Pleeease? For me?"

Activate puppy eyes that nearly rivaled Carlos. Activate blushing and stuttering.

"U-u-um, I.....uh.....o-okay I guess for a minute..."

She unlocked a door out of the two, keys jingling in the quiet night.

Evelyn grinned.

The second the hinges swung wide enough, everyone dashed into the museum.

Joy finally turned around after some difficulty wriggling the key out of its slot.

"Alright, there you go, just d-don't be too long about it. And definetly don't-"

She was alone again.

"...touch....anything?"

The poor, young fool.