Chapter 5

"Attention, my fellow rotten apples!" 

Evie extravagantly swept into the room, lips curled upwards in a triumphant grin. Carlos, Mal, and Jay looked over to her with rather dull expectation.They were all too accustomed with the daughter of the Evil Queen's constant penchant for the dramatic.

"Let's get this over with. What did you do, put her to sleep with a ramble about makeup?" Mal snickered. Evelyn glared at the young sorceress, crossing her arms grumpily.

"NO I most certainty did not. I restored Sasha to a fine young lady, and let me tell you, she has potential. Not as much as me, of course, but potential."

Jay perked up. "Who?"

Evie shot him a knowing smile.

"Everyone, feast your eyes upon the new, the improved, and the fabulous....Sasha!"

With that, the door to the bedroom opened again, and there stood the extraterrestrial. She was hugging herself, not used to the attention. People usually ran away screaming, not planted staring. The guards never gave her the time of day back at prison.

But these people were a different story. Particularly Carlos.

The boy was staring at her as if she had just told him he had won a lifetime supply of free chocolate. Sasha swore she could see a twinkle of saliva threatening to spill from his open mouth.

"Carlos? Carlos! Hello?" Evie giggled, waving a hand in front of his face. De Vil blinked himself out of the funk and shook his head. "Wha-wait what? Huh?"

Evie just smirked at him. Sasha squinted. "Is boy of rrred and white well? Looks like he has been shot by ray gun."

Evie whirled to face her, a not-so-hidden mirth in her eyes. "Oh, he's perfectly alright my darling. Just, ah, really, REALLY enjoys fashion. Right, Carlos?"

Carlos took the hint, wide eyes flicking from the furious eyelash-batting signal of Evie to the concerned and puzzled expression of Sasha.

"OH! Oh, uh, y-yeah I.....I was just....um, yeah. Fashion.....fashion's cool. Cool dress. Yeah."

He cleared his throat with a none too subtle hack and made an awkward show of shifting his position of crisscross on the floor. Evie was the pure embodiment of casual as she patted him on the shoulder and walked over to Sasha, completely ignoring Jay and Maluna's desperate attempts not to laugh.

"What did I tell you, honey? I'm a proffesional."

Just then, there was a knock at the door. The blue-haired princess rolled her eyes and opened it for the fourth time that day to reveal a lanky young man with a modest purple sweater and dark green glasses. 

"Hi, my name's Doug, Dopey the dwarf's son. Fairy Godmother told me you needed a tour of Auradon Prep?"

Evie blinked at him, turning her head back to the other villain kids in the room with a questioning glance. Mal shrugged, rising from her seat on the bed.

"Why not?"