Polyjuice Potion: Year 2

Start from the beginning

Her brown haired friend slid the lock and opened the door, looking excited and almost glowing.

"Did you get them?" She asked expectantly, her eyes bright. The boys held up their hands, showing the strands of hair they had collected. "Good. And I sneaked these spare robes out of the laundry. You'll need bigger sizes once you're Crabbe and Goyle."

Amisty stood on her tiptoes, peering into the stall to catch a glimpse of the bubbling potion.

"I'm sure I've done everything right. It looks like the book says it should... once we've drunk it, we'll have exactly an hour before we change back into ourselves," Hermione piped up, noticing her gaze and rereading the book.

"Now what?" Ron asked, easily seeing over all their heads.

"We separate it into three glasses and add the hairs," Hermione replied, picking up a ladle and pouring equal portions into three glasses.

Once she finished, she dropped the hair she had gotten in one. A few seconds passed, the potion hissed and turned a greyish yellow.

"Urgh -- essence of Millicent Bulstrode. Bet it tastes disgusting," Ron groaned, eyeing the bottle with a narrowed gaze.

"Add yours, then," Hermione ordered, sounding only the slightest bit peeved with his tone. So they did, both bottles fizzing and then turning khaki-green and a dark brown. Suddenly Amisty was glad she didn't have to drink any of the potion.

"Hang on. We'd better not drink them in here... Once we turn into Crabbe and Goyle we won't fit. And Millicent Bulstrode's no pixie," Harry protested, stopping the other two form picking up their own glasses.

"Good thinking. We'll take separate stalls," Ron nodded, walking out of the stall with Harry following.

Amisty waited in Hermione's stall, knowing she had yet to find a way to shift on her own.

Hermione pulled out her wand, giving a small smile at her as she did so.

"Lupus Estaria," She whispered softly, and once again Amisty was blinded by the familiar white light.

And then she was lower to the ground, with paws instead of feet, and her senses heightened.

Twitching her ears in thanks, she slipped out through the bottom of the stall. She leaped up onto the middle sink, taking a seat on the, still dirty, but slightly less nasty edge, her tail dangling off the edge.

At least it was better than the floor.

"Ready?" Harry's voice came from the middle stall. Amisty could see all their feet through the bottoms of the stalls.

"Ready," Ron and Hermione's voices replied in unison.

"One -- two -- three -- " Harry continued, and his words were followed by the distinct sound of swallowing.

Cloth ripped noisily, cracking noises flooding the room, and then it all stopped after there was a muffled thump.

All three had fallen to the floor at some point during their transformation.

"Are you two okay?" Goyle -- no, Harry, asked. Amisty nearly fell off the sink at the sound of his voice, so before she could be more overwhelmed she jumped to the ground.

"Yeah," And then that was Ron, not Crabbe, who replied.

Two sets of doors unlocked and out stepped Malfoy's goons, almost sending Amisty racing out of the bathroom if she hadn't remembered they were indeed her friends.