He, rather smartly, paled considerably.

"Yes. Definitely. Merry Christmas, you two," He nodded hurriedly, and then busied himself with his breakfast.

Hermione was struggling to breathe.

"I can't believe you actually went through with it," She finally got out. "And your face, Amisty, I'll never forget it."

"Shut up!" She buried her head in her arms, almost knocking her plate to the ground in her attempt to hide her blush.

Hermione just laughed harder, and Amisty groaned in response.

"Is it really that bad for me to kiss you?" Harry asked, feigning hurt.

Her head shot up, eyes wide.

"No! No no, it's not like that at all it's just -- " And then she noticed his joking expression. "ALL OF YOU JUST LOVE TO EMBARRASS ME!"

"I've never seen you go so red," Ron commented, meeting her withering glare with a mischievous grin.

"You didn't even seem to mind it, either," Hermione piped up, nudging her with her elbow teasingly.

"I'm going to revoke all of my gifts to you. Hand them over, right now," She ordered, holding out her hand expectantly.

But by now she was laughing as well even though her face was still burning like no tomorrow.

"Aw, c'mon, Am. You know you don't really want to do that," Harry laughed, ruffling her hair affectionately.

"You're not helping the situation!" She tried, very hard, mind you, to keep from laughing as she swatted his hand away.

And they continued their breakfast in a similar manner, shooting jabs at each other and laughing all the while.

With the help of Hermione, Amisty was able to slip on the ear cuff. Surprisingly, it matched her ring rather well.

Breakfast ended, and Amisty left her friends to go give Madame Pomfrey her gift. She made her way down to the hospital wing, smiling merrily to everyone who passed. When she walked in the nurse was scribbling away on a slip of parchment at her desk, not noticing her entrance.

"Merry Christmas, Madame Pomfrey!" She smiled, dropping her gift in front of the elder witch.

"Oh! Amisty, I wasn't expecting you today," She gasped, looking up with the familiar twinkle in her blue eyes. "Merry Christmas to you as well."

"Open your gift!" Amisty urged excitedly, thrusting the package so it was even more in reach.

"You didn't need to get me anything, my dear. I can't accept this," She shook her head, pushing it away.

"I did, and you can and you will," Amisty argued, her eyes narrowed in challenge as she picked it up and pressed it into her hands.

With one glance at the determined expression on her face, Madame Pomfrey unwrapped the gift. Her eyes brightened from their usual tired blue to a brilliant sapphire at the sight of the decorative bottle.

"Amisty... I can't believe you did this for me," She smiled slightly, holding the bottle up to the light.

The glass shards glinted, sending washed out versions of their colors onto the clean floor of the hospital wing.

"Don't bother thanking me, I'll come by later tonight," Amisty gave a slight bow and started toward the door.

"Wait!" Madame Pomfrey got up and disappeared into her office. Amisty paused in her movements, waiting quite awkwardly for the witch to return. When she came back there was a bundle of stationary in her hands as well as a new quill. "I don't know who it is you're writing, but if you keep tearing up the parchment you're to be using for your schoolwork you'll be out by February."

Magic? || Years 1-5जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें