Colin's Been Petrified: Year 2

Start from the beginning

"I'm happy you showed this to me, Amisty. I really am," Hermione smiled, a true, genuine smile.

Not one of laughter or joy or content, just gratuity.

"You've never treated me anything less than a person, it's about time I paid you back," Amisty closed the photo album, tucking it back to where it had originally been.

She jumped in surprise as Hermione enveloped her in a tight hug, only pausing for a second before returning it.

It was then that she realized no matter what Hermione would always be there for her.

-=+=-

"Poor Colin..." Amisty whispered sadly as they snuck up to Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. She adjusted her grip on her bag, the glasses of potion ingredients clinking together.

Only a few moments before they had accidentally, though with the assistance of Amisty's ears it wasn't long before it was intentional, heard Professor McGonagall talking to Professor Flitwick about the horrid situation that had occurred the night prior.

"He was a little annoying, but I wouldn't wish that on anyone," Ron replied, his eyes not as bright as they usually were as he lugged the cauldron they had brought along.

Hermione just nodded glumly, wrapping her arms more securely around her robes, the folds of the billowing fabric were where even more of the potions simpler ingredients were concealed.

It didn't take long for them to reach the bathroom and after a quick scan down the halls for any teachers of prefects they slipped inside, closing the door with a soft click behind them.

Hermione set to work, choosing an empty, well they were all empty, stall and lighting a bright blue fire with her wand in the bowl of the toilet. Ron dropped the cauldron on top, a few flames flickering out over the sides.

Amisty locked the stall after a moment of hesitation, being careful was the best they could do at the moment. They talked for a few minutes, about how they would go through with the plan as well as their grievances over Colin's petrification, when a familiar voice echoed through the empty bathroom.

"It's me," It spoke, resulting in Hermione dropping a bottle into the cauldron with her shock. A

misty peered through the locked door of the stall, catching sight of Harry, his arm good as new.

"Oh my," She gasped, sliding the lock open and letting him inside. "Hi, Harry, how's your arm?"

"Fine," He replied rather stiffly, taking up even more of the little space they had in the tiny stall.

"We'd come to meet you, but we decided to get started on the Polyjuice Potion. We've decided this is the safest place to hide it," Ron explained, catching the slight bite in Harry's tone.

"Colin -- " He started, only to be cut off by Hermione.

"We already know -- we heard Professor McGonagall telling Professor Flitwick this morning. That's why we decided we'd better get going -- " Hermione interrupted, fishing out the bottle she had dropped and placing it on the floor.

"The sooner we get a confession out of Malfoy, the better. D'you know what I think? He was in such a foul temper after the Quidditch match, he took it out on Colin," Ron almost spat out his words, eyes narrowed.

"There's something else. Dobby came to visit me in the middle of the night," Harry replied, not at all distracted by Ron's anger.

Amisty looked up at him, surprised and intrigued.