Skelegrow: Year 2

Start from the beginning

"But the Bludgers have been locked in Madame Hooch's office since our last practice, and there was nothing wrong with them then..." Wood replied as if he didn't want to believe it.

Amisty's attention was veered as her ears picked up a strand of insults from the Slytherin team.

She almost got to her feet but Hermione had spotted the action before she could even move from her seat and sent her a warning look.

With a small huff she went back to listening in, thankfully they hadn't said much in her brief moment of distraction.

"...is if it flies up my sleeve. Go back to the rest of the team and let me deal with the rogue one," Harry urged, talking to Fred and George.

"Don't be thick. It'll take your head off," Fred argued.

Wood looked torn, his gaze flickering between the twins to Harry.

"Oliver, this is insane. You can't let Harry deal with that thing on his own. Let's ask for an inquiry -- " Alicia butted in, angry at the captain's hesitance.

"If we stop now, we'll have to forfeit the match! And we're not losing to Slytherin just because of a crazy Bludger! Come on, Oliver, tell them to leave me alone!" Harry whirled toward him, his body posture far from calm.

"This is all your fault. 'Get the Snitch or die trying,' what a stupid thing to tell him -- " George started furiously.

"Ready to resume play?" Madame Hooch asked.

She had made her way over to the team as they were bickering. Wood glanced over at Harry.

"Alright. Fred, George, you heard Harry -- leave him alone and let him deal with the Bludger on his own," Wood nodded, walking over to his own broom.

The rest of the team followed in his actions, though judging by their stiff movements they weren't too happy with his decision.

"It's a rogue Bludger, it won't leave him alone," Amisty explained, having to shake her head a little to rid it of the focused listening, "George reckons the Slytherins tampered with it."

"But how would they? They're always in Madame Hooch's office," Ron replied, confused.

"That's what Wood said. Harry's going to try to deal with it on his own," Her foot started to tap anxiously.

"A rogue Bludger that's only targeting him? This can't end well," Hermione's voice was flooded with worry.

Amisty didn't reply, locking her gaze, as best as she could manage with the now heavy rain, on her friend.

He was now rolling and looping and making hairpin turns as he dodged out of the way of the Bludger, slowly going higher and higher.

The crowd was laughing at his antics, but the three of them were frozen in their seats.

Soon enough, Harry was level with... Malfoy. She sat up straighter, struggling to see through the sheets of rain.

Her hands flew to her mouth as Harry turned to glare at the blonde. The Bludger zoomed closer and closer to his arm, hitting him straight on the elbow.

Harry slid, almost falling off his broom as his arm fell limp to his side.

"Harry..." Amisty whispered, her voice barely more than a breath.

She was numb with shock.

He shot upward and out of the way, just in time, as the Bludger had spun around for another strike. Amisty was now hovering just above her seat, ready to go racing down to the field.