Part Eight

This part will cover all the pampering required for your Frenchie!

Baths:

French Bulldogs do not need to be bathed often. Your Frenchie should be bathed once or twice a year, or whenever needed. If you have a cream colored Frenchie they will need to be bathed more often. Over-washing your puppy can dry out natural skin oils that keep them healthy!

A great shampoo and conditioner to get for your Frenchie would be an oatmeal one. You can also get any mild dog shampoo for sensitive skin. During baths, spot them clean with wet washcloths or unscented wipes. Make sure to rinse them well and protect their eyes! To wash their fact, use a soft and wet cloth and be gentle.

Brushing:

You should brush your Frenchie thoroughly once a week with a rubber brush.

Wrinkles(Folds) and tear-stains:

To start, use a moist wipe for dogs and clean under wrinkles. Then apply tear stain remover to tissue paper and work under wrinkles just as you did with the moist wipes. (Optional: after you use the tear stain remover, use the moist wipes again to be sure the wrinkles are clean) After you finish, give your Frenchie lots of praise and maybe a treat!

Nose and Paws:

Once a week (or when needed), apply snout soother to your Frenchie's nose and paw soother to their paws. If your Frenchie licks the snout soother off, try to distract him/her for 5-10 minutes right after applying to let it sink in.

Breath and teeth:

You should brush your Frenchie's teeth every day using an enzymatic toothpaste. If you don't do this, it can be very bad for his/her health.

Nails:

You should trim your Frenchie's nails once a month. Guillotine Clippers are easiest to use. DO NOT cut the toenail all the way, because if you cut into what is called the quick, it will bleed.

Ears: 

Once a week, spray ear cleanser into your Frenchie's ears and massage for about one minute. Afterwards, your Frenchie should shake it out and you can finish by drying with a soft cloth.

If you do all of these regularly you can avoid a lot of health problems and your Frenchie will be very happy!