Chapter Forty

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

"You don't see him anywhere?!" Harry called to Ron frantically. "He's nowhere over here! Milo! Milo!"

The more he called for his brother, the more he was met with the sound of his own voice as it echoed in the side of the tunnel he was trapped in. There was no sound of movement nor the sound of his brother calling back to him. The only person who responded was Ron, confirming the worst that he couldn't see Milo on his side either, which meant one thing. Milo had been caught in the middle and was currently trapped under the heavy rubble. Forgetting his wand in the moment, Harry began pulling away at the fallen rocks, trying to figure out where his brother was. If Milo was trapped and unresponsive it was a terrible sign.

"He has to be trapped then, Ron! Help me dig him out!" Harry said, feeling his hands trembling terribly. After going so many years with the idea that he didn't have any family outside of the Dursleys to rely on, Harry had finally reconnected with his brother and they were at a place where they were both happy. Things, of course, were not perfect but they were on their way of being better. Harry couldn't lose it all, not so suddenly and not in such a tragic way. Was losing their parents in such a horrible way, not enough?

The way Milo always looked out for him and tried to help Harry in any way that he could, Harry wished that he had just stayed behind. At least that way, he wouldn't be stuck with the possibility that his brother was dead underneath all the rubble. 

"Harry....what about Ginny?" Ron asked his friend. While they were worried over Milo as well, Ginny's life was still in the hands of the monster and time was running out if it hadn't run out already. Harry felt conflicted, the rubble had left him separate from the others, meaning Ron couldn't even go after his sister even if he wanted to. The number of rocks that had piled up was massive and as Ron would claim, it would take ages for them to get through. 

"Harry, I'll get him out," Ron said to him in a promising tone, "if he's under there, I'll get Milo out, I can go back and get some help for all us of-"

"Get Milo out, I'm going to go get Ginny," Harry told him. He knew he had to get a move on to find Ginny before it was too late and the Heir of Slytherin's words became the truth about her body lying in the Chambers forever. The two boys were trying to remain confident and calm for the sake of the other as their siblings' lives were on the line, left to the responsibility of each other. 

Ron could hear the sound of Harry's footsteps travelling in the opposite direction as the boy left to find Ginny. He could also hear the hesitation to leave every few steps as if he was glancing over his shoulder and see Milo appear at any moment. Once the footsteps could no longer be heard, Ron starting moving as fast as he could to pull rocks away in hopes of uncovering Milo. As much as Ron wanted him to be there, at the same time, he didn't. He didn't want to be the one to uncover Milo's body as he didn't think Milo would be able to survive such a crash.