Chapter Thirty-Four

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

"Hermione signed up for just about everything and Dean just used his wand and pointed at the paper to choose what he was taking, but I'm not sure what I want to choose for any of the electives....er...Milo...Milo...a little guidance here...MILO!" 

Milo jerked his head to the left where Harry was staring at him, waiting for his brother to respond. The time had come for second years to choose the elective classes that they would take during their third year and Harry was conflicted about what classes to take. Ron wasn't helping much since he was just as clueless and as Harry stated, Hermione had signed up for all the classes, even though it was impossible for her to take all of them at the same time, due to the fact that some classes were at the same time as others. 

"Hmm? What were you saying?" Milo sat up straight and tried to look as though he had been paying attention to what his brother was saying but Harry could tell that Milo was extremely distracted. He had been that way since his birthday and Harry didn't understand why. Milo sure as hell knew why but at the same time, he didn't know why at the same time. 

Cedric had kissed him, he was there and present for it, he experienced for himself, but then Cedric pretended like it never happened. They had reverted back to their old ways of avoiding each other unless they were interacting with their friends. It didn't make sense to Milo and he was exhausting himself just thinking about it over and over, but he could hardly find himself focusing on anything else. 

He was trying to focus on his Charms work with Harry next to him discussing electives but he had barely heard a word. But his parchment paper was quite empty as he was supposed to be writing an essay about the Mending Charm. The only thing he had written down was the name of the witch who invented the "Reparo" charm, Orabella Nuttley. He knew quite a bit of information about the woman, the fact that she worked in the Improper Use of Magic Office around the mid 1750's. But she was responsible for repairing the Colosseum after it was "accidentally" destroyed. 

Of course, none of that was written down because Milo couldn't focus on anything else besides the fact that Cedric had kissed him and was walking about like nothing. Milo wasn't one to be easily angered but it was safe to say that he was pissed off. Because he liked the kiss but he didn't like Cedric toying with his emotions. He had been respectful towards Cedric, the least Cedric could do was show the same common decency, instead of leading Milo on and them dropping him on his arse repeatedly. 

Suddenly, he felt the back of Harry's hand press against his forehead, snapping him out of his thoughts once more.

"Are you alright, Milo? You've been acting rather strange," Harry said. "Is it Lockhart?"

"'Arry, I wish it was Lockhart because I know I could handle it without a problem."

"Well, what is it? You can tell me, I know I tell you enough of my problems, might as well make it fair," Harry told him with a smile.