To Each Their Own Demons.

Start from the beginning

"But," Alec tried to argue but a raised hand of the Inquisitor stopped him. "We have far more urgent problems than her." Aldertree added before walking away. Alec sighed deeply and looked at Magnus.

Magnus offered a small smile. "Hey, at least that girl won't get hurt." Magnus said before patting Alec's shoulder. Alec just walked back toward the interrogation room, to free Lucie.

The girl raised an eyebrow when she saw Alec walked back in the room so soon. "What's going on?" She asked.

"You're free to go." Alec simply answered before taking away her handcuffs.

"What about The Clave?" She asked, slowly standing up.

"Well, turns out a sighted mundane is not enough of a bother. You're a lucky one." He simply said before gesturing for her to go ahead.

Lucie frowned but walked out the room nonetheless. She walked past a benevolent looking Magnus and offered a small smile, that disappeared when her stomach made a rather loud noise. Her cheeks flushed red and she looked at the ground. "Does anyone happen to know where the nearest fast food or food truck, or any place that sells food, really, is?" She asked. "I kinda haven't eaten anything in two days..." She said, looking straight at Alec. "Probably because of the whole illegal custody thing."

"Oh. I believe Isabelle made some food." Alec answered, oddly smiling. "You might as well go and eat with her." He shrugged. "Want me to lead you there?"

Lucie squinted his eyes at him. "Where does that newfound kindness comes from? You've been giving me the cold shoulders since we met."

"Maybe it's my way of apologizing." Alec said and shrugged.

Lucie wasn't fully sure she could trust him, but she firmly believed anyone deserved a second chance. So she sighed and finally decided to accept his offer. "Show me the way."

Alec nodded, grinning. "My pleasure." He said before quickening his pace, heading to Isabelle's current location.

The traveler's eyes wandered around as she gingerly made her way through the corridors, following Alec. Sometimes he would get out of sight and she'd have to catch up to him after the corner of a corridor. But as soon as she entered the part of the Institute where people lived, she felt oddly disappointed. It wasn't charming and cosy. It was impersonal, but decorated with taste. She shook her head and snapped out of thoughts, once again, she had to catch up with the dark haired Shadowhunter. "Are you trying to loose me in this maze? And me who thought we were getting along..." She said, as she caught up with him.

Alec rolled his eyes. "You're just slow." Was his answer. The auburn haired girl just huffed. Alec spared her a glance, his resting bitch face still on and slowed down, just a little bit. It was barely perceptible, really, but it made Lucie smile a little. She would've said thank you, but she knew he probably would've denied doing anything. So they just walked in a companionable silence, both lost in thoughts when they finally arrived to the door. "Good Luck." Were Alec's words as he opened it. "Izzy, I have someone here who is hungry..." He said.

Isabelle's face lit up. "Awesome! I made pasta alla norma! Since I saw the recipe on the web and I totally wanted to try it. Are you down for it?" Lucie just nodded making Isabelle's smile grown bigger. Lucie instinctively reciprocated it, barely noticing when Alec left the room. The brunette gestured for the traveler to come and sit with her as she added a second plate. Lucie sat down and looked at the pastas, cautiously reaching for her fork. She took a bite, looking at Isabelle who was scrutinizing her every move. Lucie tried her best to chew on the... Pastas ? Before hardly swallowing. "So?" Isabelle asked.