School

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Fairy Tail. All of the characters in this one shot belongs to Hiro Mashima.

Lucy's P.O.V.

I sigh happily as I sit down on the grass, leaning on a tree. The school day had just ended but I don't want to come home to worried faces and people asking me how I got the nasty bruise on my shoulder. I look down on it and smile.

Believe it or not, it's my first bruise, and it may be weird to be happy about it but when you're as isolated as I am, having a bruise is amazing.

And then there's the person who gave me the bruise.

I sigh happily again, closing my eyes as the memory played itself in my head over an over again.

I had been playing soccer in gym class when someone had shouted "watch out!" and next thing I know, I'm on the ground holding my shoulder painfully. The soccer ball had hit my shoulder with incredible force, so credit for the person who kicked it. Good job getting worked up and focused on a gym class soccer game...

"Oh God, I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" A pink-haired boy suddenly appeared in front of me, looking extremely guilty. Huh, I guess he's the one who kicked the ball.

"I-I'm fine."

"Can you stand?" he asks, worried.

I wanted to facepalm but that would be rude, so I just smiled politely. "Yeah, it was my shoulder, not my leg. Of course I can stand." I say as I sit up.

He blushes and looks away. "Uh, right."

Some girls giggles in the background as they watch him, and most of the guys are gawking at us.

"Class dismissed!" the coach shouts and everyone went to change. "You okay there, Lucy?"

"Y-Yeah," I answer.

"Great," he nods. "But," he smirks, "just to be sure: Natsu, take Lucy to the nurse."

"Yes sir," Natsu nods and offers me a hand which I gladly accept (with my left arm, of course). But when I stand up I start feeling dizzy, and I mumble something incoherent before I fall backwards into something soft.

"Fluff..." I yawn right before I black out.

------

I wake up with a yawn, and I saw a boy with features laced with concern.

"Uhm, I'm sorry... what are you doing in my room?" I ask, and the boy looks confused.

"Your room? This isn't your room. Unless, you know, you actually sleep here 'cause your homeless. If that's it then that's fine, by the way. There's nothing wrong with homeless people I just-"

"Just stop talking." I smile awkwardly. "Please."

"R-Right. Sorry," he laughs. "How are you feeling? The nurse said you should be just fine after you wake up, by the way. She also said that if you could it would be best if you didn't go home since she wouldn't want you to miss important school work."

"Oh. Right," I mumble, feeling stupid. I blacked out, I remember now. "Sorry, this isn't my room after all. I wasn't thinking straight, that's all."

"That's alright, Luce," he laughs.

"L-Luce?" I ask.

"It's your new nickname. Your welcome," he waves as he walks out of the room.

"T-Thanks?" I mumble to myself as he closes the door behind him, a bit confused.

And so there I was by the tree again. Smiling, thinking about how nice he seemed. How nice it would be if we would become friends. Well, in another universe where I don't have an over-protective father watching over my shoulder.

"Hey," I hear someone say and then that person sits down beside me, and I'm not joking when I say I could've recognized that hair anywhere.

"O-Oh," I say, quite surprised. "Natsu, right?"

"That's right," he nods with a smile. I smile back, not exactly used to socializing with people but I think I'll manage. For now, anyway. Ask me again in about five minutes and I'll tell you I'm having a panic attack.

"Thanks for-," I stop midsentence because I don't know why I'm thanking him. For taking me to the nurse? No, he only did that because coach told him to. I'll look stupid if I thank him for that. I realize I've captured his attention because his eyes are curiously searching my face, trying to figure out what I'm trying to say. The thing is, I don't even know what I'm trying to say. "Well..." I drift off again, laughing nervously. "Let's just say thanks for everything, okay?"

He doesn't really seem to get it, but he nods anyway. "Well, uh, your welcome."

I giggle quietly, thinking about how cute and huggable he looks when there's something he doesn't quite understand.

He looks at me and then he grins. "Do you have somewhere to be, or do you want to come with me and do something? We can go grab something to eat or-"

"I'd love that," I smile, not caring about how my dad will react when I get home.

I know Natsu doesn't usually act like this and this doesn't seem like them at all, but it's really hard putting them in a high school environment when I'm used to them being in the guild, fighting and stuff.

Sorry, I hope you liked it anyway, and thank you so much for voting on the "Jealous" one shot! It really means alot! (: