•47•

No matter how many drugs I were to take for the pain, dizziness or sickness in my dumb brain of mine, it still didn't seem to do the job. Every beat my heart painfully pulsed throughout my head, over my eyes and out my mouth, groaning. I was trying to focus on the warm, wet washcloth I had over my eyes, now trying home remedies to make anything better. As the guys were upstairs recording videos, Jay and I rested in a decent size room with a t.v and two couches. One thing that was nice about it was the cold black leather chilling my pale, bruised skin. I am such a mess, I thought to myself. But sooner or later, the cold turned into warmth from my body heat, almost making me stick to the couch, causing it to be uncomfortable.

I could hear the subtle voices playing from the T.V in the room, where Jay sat quietly watching what he said was Rick and Morty. From what I can tell he hasn't moved since I laid down what felt like 30 minutes ago. Maybe he fell asleep? Maybe I fell asleep too and it's actually been 4 hours instead of a half? But as far as I was concerned, I wasn't.

Not long after, I began to hear muffled yelling coming from upstairs. I couldn't tell who it was, but it added to the list of reasons why I can't fall back to sleep.

"Nah I can't fall asleep," I grunted as I gently took the washcloth off my eyes, only to be nearly blinded from the light above me. I squinted my eyes and brought in a breath, trying not to cause anymore pain through my eyes. I soon sat up on the couch, making eye contact to my left; like I thought, Jay hadn't moved.

"Good morning sunshine," he smiled at me. I scoffed at his greeting, slowly stretching my arms out and unsticking myself from the leather.

"If anything, I'm a depressing rain shower," I yawned out loud as I turned toward the T.V, having no idea what the hell is going on in that show.

"How long have I been asleep?" I asked him, altering the sound of what was only the show.

"A couple hours actually," He simply answered. I looked back over to him, my eyebrows raised.

"Really? Have you moved since?" I said, a little concerned if he had been sitting on the couch doing nothing for that long.

"Well, um, once, Simon had asked me to do something," he told me. The tone in his voice seemed a little uneasy, but it didn't really matter. But what would have Simon asked Jay to do?

Ever since Simon and I talked in his room yesterday, about what our lives were before, I've been having a craving. A craving to know more about everything, and to be with him. Our life before I- well, Harry- fucked everything up, seemed so amazing. And now, that's gonna be such a slow and sucky process to get to where I was before. But, of course, it won't ever be how it was ever again, but hopefully, just hopefully, my life now will be in a close second to before. I'm so confused, yet so ready to fall back in love with Simon Minter.

FLASHBACK HOURS BEFORE (SIMON'S POV)

     As I was sat down setting up for my video explaining main points of the match, I had to make sure I addressed, one on one- well, one on camera- how Bailey is doing. I know everyone knows what happened and I've been tweeting updates about her recovery constantly, I knew I had to do it like this. Of course, there were some hilarious scenes before that, like when I snuck the ball in between Baileys legs without her even seeing it. I felt so proud after doing that, and the evil smile she gave me after was priceless. But, after what happened, I couldn't concentrate knowing she was on her way to the hospital, unconscious. It physically hurt my heart. Even thinking of it now makes me upset. I pressed the home button on my phone, and without hesitation threw it at my bed. It's the picture of Bailey and I with our switched t-shirts. I looked down at the floor and ran my hand through my hair.

Fuck the video idea, I cannot stop thinking about her.

Thinking. Thinking about our past.

Thinking about things she'll never be able to know.

I miss her.

I need to do something about this, make things complete between us.

But I need help doing so.

I need Jay and Josh.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm sorry I'm making these chapters so suspenseful, hopefully my way of thinking will make something good from it :)

Please tell me how you feel about the book right now; does it need more of something? Less of something? I feel like I need to improve but I don't know where or how :// I just hope you guys to enjoy the book <3

Stay Chill,
Natalie 🤘🏼