CHAPTER ONE:

Tanisha's POV:

"That was a bit harsh on your part, don't you think?" I asked, eyeing Jessica with my most serious face.
"Are you even kidding me? You of all people can even afford to say that? Tanisha, come on. He played us, the most popular girls at school. If we don't revenge, the fuck boy is going to look better than us!" she snapped.
"Shocking that you didn't have a problem when he played me with Kelly, but now all of a sudden it's a big deal when he plays you? You're not even sure he did," I say, stopping dead in my tracks.
Jessica smiles her sweetest smile.
"We both know that's not true. You were the one who refused to play dirty." I sigh.
As usual, she's winning. She gently strokes my hair with her fingers. "And besides, you don't want me being all sad, now, do you?"
I fall silent for a while. "Fine, I'll help you." She wins again.
Jessica smiles. "Now that's my main bitch," she says, slipping her hand over my shoulder. I smile back. I love Jessica, though not in the weird way or anything, just as a friend. Sure she could be nagging at times, was a real slut, was bitchy to some people, but everyone has a both a good and a bad side, right? To me, she was really sweet, funny, fun to hang around, what more could I ask for?
"So, what's your mastermind plan this time round?" I ask as we reach my locker. She leans against the next locker as I key in my combination, smiling deviously.
"I don't like that look because I don't know what that it means."
"I don't think you want to know."
"Great, then how the hell am I supposed to help you if I don't even know what you're up to?"
"You'll know in good time. Don't worry."
Just then, I heard a slight cough from behind us. Turning around, I found Zuri looking up at us. "Hey, what are you two up to?" "Oh my gosh! Zuri I missed you so much!" Jessica says, pulling Zuri into a tight embrace. I never understood those twos relationship. They were so different yet they got along so well. Jessica was talkative, very talkative actually, proud and confident. Zuri was more of the quiet one, humble and shy around most people.
"I've been so lonely without you. Where have you been?"
I roll my eyes at Jessica. "Thanks for appreciating my company." Jessica giggles a little. "Come on, you know I'm just playing."
Just then, a baseball came flying at high speed in our direction, landing square on Zuri's head.
"Owww! Who the fuck did that?" she squeals.
Jessica picks the ball with rage. "Yeah, cause they got some pretty big explaining to do." We spot a well-built muscular guy heading in our direction.
Jessica snaps her head as she turns in my direction. "Tanisha, are you seeing what I'm seeing?"
"The idiot who turned the air into his baseball pitch and Zuri's head into his goalpost? Pretty sure we're seeing the same jerk here."
"Are you even kidding me, the guy is glorious! Are you even sure that we're seeing the same person?"
Just then, he reaches where we are standing.
Running his fingers through his hair, he says, "I'm sorry about the ball."
"Oh really, and I'm sorry that you were born. Trust me, you will be too in a couple of minutes," I snap.
Jessica eyes me with a disapproving look.
"Hey, no need to get all worked up about it," he smiles, offering his hand out to me. "I'm Blake Sanders." "And I'm not interesting in handing out handshakes to jerks. Now that we know each other, I never want to see you again," I say, rolling my eyes.
Blake withdraws his hand, eyeing me curiously.
"I'm Jessica. Don't worry about her, she must be PMSing," Jessica says, stabbing me with her elbow.
"Nice to meet to meet you. Umm, can I have my baseball back?" he asks, with a faint smile. "Sure you can, as soon as you learn what a baseball pitch looks like. Oh, and by the way, while you're at it, get to know when you're presence isn't wanted any more," I reply with a sarcastic smile.
Zuri smiles, taking the ball from Jessica and handing it to him. "It's okay, let's just let him get off this time. Here you go."
"Thank you," he smiles one last time before running off.
Immediately he's not within earshot, Jessica turns towards me. "What is wrong with you, Tanisha? You acted like a total bitch."
"Says the person who just earlier today was talking about protecting our reputation. You were the one sucking up to him. You let him totally look bigger than you just because of his looks."
"I did not, he just seemed really sweet."
I roll my eyes at her. "Yeah right. But if it were someone like Chris, you would've totally shoved his dick inside out, wouldn't you have?"
"Okay, okay you two. This is all because of a baseball which didn't even graze your necks, mind you," Zuri cuts us off.
I sigh, looking at Jessica.
"She's right. I'm sorry."
"It's okay. You are right anyway. It's just that I felt totally under his spell. What was wrong with me?" she chuckles.
"Feeling's mutual. But I just had this sudden hating for him, like I just wanted to strangle him or something."
"I wouldn't need to be told that twice," Zuri laughs.
Slamming my locker door shut, I say, "So I guess I'll see you two during lunch." "Bye," they wave as we walk in opposite directions. I was actually starting to feel guilty about talking to Blake like that. But he just looked like the kind of guy who wanted everybody to bow down at his feet, and I could simply not stand such kind of people. I mean, who the fuck told them that we needed them ruling the world?
But in any case, I had judged a book by its cover so I made a point to apologize to him the next time I saw him.
It was the best I could do anyway.
Blake's POV:

"Hey Blake. Why don't you come join us at our table?" I hear someone say.
On turning around, I found that it was Jessica, one of the girls I had met earlier today. I tossed a quick smile in her direction. "I'll join you another day, it's just that I really need to be getting somewhere right now."
Of course that wasn't true.
I was new at the dumb hell-hole, where did I need to be going anyway? It's just that her friend of hers, she really didn't seem to give a damn fuck about me. Worst thing was, she made that fact very clear to me.
I hated such kind of girls, those who thought that they could rule the world just because of their looks.
Although admittedly, she was very pretty.
What was I saying, I couldn't stand the girl.
"Well then, please could you come over for just a few seconds? My friend has something that she would like to tell you," I heard Jessica shout from behind me. I let out a sigh. There was no escaping her now.
Shuffling my feet, I finally got to their table. "You can sit down, that is if you want to," Jessica smiled, pointing at the only empty chair on their table, right opposite the rude girl.
For the first time, I saw her smile. "Hey, I'm Tanisha," she started.
"Well, as you already know, I'm Blake," I respond. She was trying to be polite, so it couldn't hurt if I played along. "Well, I just felt really bad about how I treated you earlier today, so, I figured I needed to apologize to you. I'm really sorry about that."
I looked at her with the best smile I could afford on my face. "That's okay, I had already mostly forgotten about it," I lied.
She giggled a little, exposing her beautiful white set of teeth.
"I carried the guilt around with me the whole day, but I'm glad you forgive me."
I smiled again. She really looked so much better with her face lit up. "Anyway, we've never seen you around before today. How come?" Jessica asked. I looked down at my food while at the same time running my fingers through my hair, pondering over whether or not I should tell them that I was new. In most places, new people we not exactly everyone's favorites.
"That's because I'm new here," I say, finally looking up. After all, what harm could it do?
They looked at each other and then back at me.
"What school did you come from?" Jessica asks, curiosity grasping the better of her words.
"You probably wouldn't know it even if I did tell you."
"Why did you move?" Tanisha asks.
Gently stroking my chin, I wondered what I would tell them. I certainly couldn't tell them the truth.
"It's okay if you don't want to talk about it," she adds, almost as an afterthought. Looking back up at her, I find her staring at me, but she quickly averts her gaze when our eyes meet, her cheeks flushed.
"Do you like the school so far?" Jessica asks again, breaking the silence that loomed over the table. My gaze shifted to her. "I haven't really thought about it, I mean, I'm hardly even a day old."
Suddenly, I remembered that I had been apparently headed somewhere before they had invited me to sit with them at their table.
Pushing my chair a bit back, I tell them, "I really need to be going now."
They both smile.
"That's okay. So I hope this means that we're friends now?" Tanisha asked, a smile lighting up her eyes. I held her gaze in my eyes. She really was beautiful. She had flawless skin, bright eyes and well-arranged beautiful white teeth. Her hair was tied up in a messy bun and some strands had fallen to her face.
"Sure," I smile before taking my tray off the table and walking away.
Once I they were out of sight, I changed the direction I was walking in, quickly tossing my food in the nearest trash can I saw.
Walking out of the cafeteria, I looked for an empty spot where I could kick back and relax a little before the next bell rang. An empty table came into view, at the very far end. Flopping myself against one of the chairs, I took out my phone and headphones from the bag which I had slung over one shoulder.
"Hey there," I heard just as I was about to put the headphones over my head.
My head spun around.
A girl with long blond hair, green emerald eyes, well-glossed lips and tight fitting clothes stared back at me.
"Hi," I quickly answered, trying to show no interest in her.
Clearly, she didn't get the message.
Walking over to the chair right next to me, she smiled.
"I see you've met the bitches who think they rule this school." I stared at her, confused. "What do you mean?"