3

"Taylor" I whisper

"V there's no need to be worried, I'm gonna be by your side the whole time" He smiles "Plus we are meeting Matt at the airport so he will be there as well"

"But I've never met Matt"

"Yeah but you know who he is and you've facetimed him with me a few times right?"

"I guess so"

"Hey, just put your headphones in, hold my hand and you'll be fine" he smiles. I nod and look out the window watching the world go by.

I know what you're thinking. Why is she so afraid of flying? Well I don't have a reason. I'm just apprehensive that's all. I feel like something bad is going to happen. I shut my eyes and wait until I'm told that we are here.

I take a deep breath as we approach the airport doors and I immediately put on my polite, friendly facial expression ready to meet Matt. I sense Taylor's attitude shift slightly next to me, obviously doing the same as me.

"Are you nervous?" I ask him, he shakes his head in response. "There's no need to be, he's your friend" I comfort.

"Yeah he is, I'm nervous about you"

"Why?"

"I don't know, there's just a part of me deep down that is worried about you"

"Taylor, you don't have to be"

"It's just, these boys are different to the boys at home, these boys are mad, I can't help but feel like they're going to try something on with you" I spot Matt ahead and he paces towards us

"Would that be such a bad thing?" I tease and speed up to meet Matt.

"Hey Taylor!" He calls and I turn to look around expecting Taylor to be behind me but I'm shocked to find that he's right next to me.

"Hey dude" They do a little handshake and Matt looks from Taylor to me.

"Hi" I say meekly "I'm Veronica"

"Veronica, that's a beautiful name" he replies "I'm Matt but we've met on FaceTime before haven't we?" I nod as a voice comes from the overhead speakers

"Flight 901 to Miami, Florida please make your way to the departure lounge"

"That's us Taylor" I say to him and turn to his mother who had followed us inside to wave us goodbye, I pull her into a hug.

"Goodbye Veronica"

"Bye Mrs Caniff, thank you for the ride"

"It's okay dear" She lowers her voice "Make sure he doesn't do anything stupid won't you?" I laugh and nod in response. She let's me go and hugs Taylor, they exchange goodbyes and we make our way to the departure lounge.

"So Veronica, why has Taylor been hiding you away?" Matt asks whilst we sit waiting to board our plane.

"I don't know, why has he?" I say smirking at Taylor

"You know why V" He seems sad "I don't want you to get any hate" I shrug and turn my focus back to Matt.

"So what's the situation between you two? Friends? More than friends?"

How do I answer? He's my best friend and probably the only person I truly care about oh and yeah I also have a massive crush on him. No if I say that, my life will be over.

"We're just friends" Taylor replies. Just friends? I thought we were more than just friends? I smile in agreement even though it's slightly killing me inside.

When it's time to board I start to become very anxious. Taylor takes my hand and leans into my ear.

"Just put your headphones in, hold my hand and you'll be fine" He repeats. I take a deep breath as he holds on tighter.

"Just friends huh?" Matt asks suspiciously.

"She's nervous about the flight, she's never flown before" Taylor explains but Matt just nods and continues to walk.

Oh god. Here it comes. Time to take off. I'm going to die. We are all going to die.