Bon Fire

I wake up to a sharp sting on the side of my hip. I press my hand there then look at my hand, blood.

"It's a girl" I hear a voice.

I look up to see a guy with really weird eyebrows. I then realized what had happened, I am in the maze

"Thomas" I whisper and quickly get out of the box.

When he came to see me he used to tell me stories about the maze, there was an exit. I run to the exit but the pain on my hip was slowing me down but I kept pushing. Thomas could be in a room waiting to be killed by now and now I had to save him, this is all my fault.

"Oi! Come back!" yelled one of the boys.

Damn it Tom, couldn't of you send me to the girl maze? Boys.

"You got a nice ass!" yelled one of the boys and they all started to laugh.

All of a sudden I collapse onto the ground, loosing conscious.

"She has a stab wound! We need to get her to the Med Jacks now!" I hear another boy say.

He picks me up and it feels like I'm floating, the last thing I saw was blonde dirty hair.

***

I wake up to be on a bed, I quickly get up and look around.

"Hey your awake!" said the guy walking in.

I just stay silent

"Quite huh, well I'm Jeff" he says putting his hand out, I just look at it.

"Okay. Well we stitched up your wound but uh would you like to have a look around the glade?" I just give him a weird look "Oh right you don't know everything yet okay so-"

I interrupt him by just walking out the Medical hut whatever they call it. The glade looked better then the way Thomas described it, I haven't seen plants since forever. This place put a smile on my face.

"Hey there greenie, finally woken up after 3 days?" a dark skinned man said.

"Wait, 3 days?" I say in shock.

I look towards the exit of the center of the maze and rush towards it. I felt like I was running faster then lightning.

"Someone stop her!" yelled one of the gladers.

I ignored all of them and just kept running, I finally make it and run into the maze. I then crash into something and fall on the floor, looking up I see its a person.

"Woah, what are you doing in the maze greenie?" he asked.

I just shot up and went flying through the maze. I feel someone grab my arm and turn me around, I immediately see beautiful brown eyes. We both just stood there for a while then one of the runners yells out to him, his names Newt. The tension broke and we both pretend nothing happened.

"What were you bloody doing?" he asked.

"Um, I decided to go for a run" I lied.

"Yeah nice try, now we have to have a meeting about you. Come on we gotta get bloody out of here before the grievers come out"

I nod and ran beside him, it was silent and he seemed to have a bit of a limp. When we were out of the maze I looked back to see the doors closing. All of the keepers came into a big hut and started debating what they should do with me.

"I say we put her in the slammer!" yelled the guy with weird eyebrows

"And I say we shave off your weird as eyebrows" I reply with a smile.

"Okay now I say we really put her in the slammer! She tried to run in the maze like Thomas" he yells again.

What? Thomas? I look up and run out of the hut. If he is here, I have to find him.

"Thomas!Thomas!" I keep yelling.

"Who are you?" said a voice behind me.

I turn around to see that it's Thomas. I run towards him and give him a hug.

"You look familiar do I know you?" he asked.

"Hey Sammy, I need to talk to you" said Newt.

I give him a nod but how does he know my name? We walk over to behind the hut and then pushes me against the wall.

"What the hell!" I yell.

"This is Ava Paige, we are going to have to try to figure out how to get you out of the maze but for now STAY QUITE! Or the people you love will receive the consequences. Oh and don't even think about becoming a runner." Newt then runs away.

That's right, they can control the gladers. I stay there for a while and take a few deep breaths then head back to the glade.

***

I was thankfully not put into the slammer for the night however I was getting a stupid bon fire. I told Alby that it was un-necessary but he just didn't listen. I still didn't bother going though, I just made my own bed away from the boys. If one of them touch me they will be needing to see the Med Jacks.

"Hey" said Newt walking in.

"Hi" I mummer under my breath.

"Why aren't you at the bon fire?"

"I just don't wanna be there"

"Okay well if your not going I'm not either" He says and sits down.

"Newt please go."

"Nah, lets talk"

I walk towards him and sit in front of him. He starts to tell me stories when he arrived in the maze. We laughed and smiled, it was nice. I then decided to go and enjoy the bon fire so we left my room and head towards the other gladers. I see that weird eye guy, Gally is fighting the other gladers. Thomas told me at bon fires the gladers would fight Gally but he won every time. He spots me and says

"Hey! Girl! How about if I win a fight against Newt I sleep with you tonight"

"Thats not bloody funny Gally" says Newt angrily.

"Well then Newt, how about you come here and save your princess"

Newt starts to walk up but I stop him.

"Sammy, I got this" he says.

I shake my head and walk towards Gally. Now I have tried to escape WCKD a few times so I know a few moves and plus Thomas has told me what Gally's moves are.

"Come on Gally, are you afraid you will be beaten by a girl?" I ask.

"Not today" he smirks.

He makes the first move with a punch but I duck and kick his legs, smashing his face with my foot after.

"Woah, that was easier than I thought" I say and head off back to my private room.