3

A/N: This chapter is a bit short, I know but school has started back up for me and now I'm busy af. I do intend on continuing this Fic for as long as I can though.

Rick sits on his chair in the garage staring at the door his grandson just walked through. "He fucking cuts himself," he mumbles, turning to his desk and opening a drawer full of bottles. "He is cutting himself and the I, the fucking genius, couldn't figure it out until it was fucking shoved in my face." He pulls out a bottle of whiskey and opens the cap numbly. "Now he doesn't even trust me anymore." Rick takes three long gulps of the bottle.

Rick's vision is getting blurry and he knows its not from the alcohol. He drops his head into his hands as the tears begin to flow. "Goddamnit I shouldn't be crying." He growls frustratedly rubbing his eyes. He should be upstairs, making sure Morty's safe but all he can really do right now is drink.

Rick sighs loudly drinking more and more until he doesn't even remember being done.

---

Morty lays on his floor staring up at nothing in particular. Just zoning out, trying to not think about what just happened.

But it did happen.

And he's very much thinking about it.

He doesn't know what to do. Strangely, he doesn't want to cut. It would too fucked up to do to Rick but Morty is desperate for numbness.

He slowly stands and goes to his desk and grabbing a bottle of pills. Its bottle of sleep pills that he bought a while ago when nightmares were bad and he was too ashamed to ask for help.

That will do.

He screws the lid off and dumps as many as he can into his mouth, not really counting (or caring) how many he takes. He swallows them all dry.

Soon Morty's laying on his floor again, bead spinning from exhaustion. The numbing feel of the pills starting to pull him out of reality.

Even though he isn't really awake right now, Morty can hear the sound of drunken stomping up the stairs. Its Rick.

Morty continues to lay on his floor. Ricks not going to come in, right? And even if he does its not like Morty took a lethal amount of pills. Or did he?

Morty sits up fast as his door swings open. "R-rick! Wh-what a-are y-y-you doing?" He shouts as Rick stumbles in, totally wasted.

Rick stares at Morty, his eyes glazed over. "Wh-what the hell are you d-do-URP-ing on y-your floor?"

"N-nothing." Morty says staring at the floor, the tiredness seeping in from the pills.

"Nothing? Th-that's bullshit and and we both, we both know that, Morty" Rick slurs.

"What do you want, Rick? I uh, I just wanna be alone" Morty says, tensing up.

"M-morty I know I haven't.. I haven't always been the best Gr-UURRP-grandpa before but you know-you know that if you ev-uURRP-er need to I don't know, like talk.." Rick trails off, looking at Morty. He never knows what to say.

"Rick, y-you're piss wa-wasted ri-right now" Morty starts to say, standing. But as soon as he gets to his feet, gravity seems to betray him as with his vision and he falls down. Rick sits next his fallen grandson and pulls him into a bonebreaking hug.

"M-morty, you-you're a good kid y-you know that, right?" Rick says, his voice shaking.

"Rick? I.. I'm sorry" Morty whispers, tears threatening to spill.

"Shhhhhhhh noooo don't be s-sorry for feeling like sh-uURP like shit." He slurs out, the alcohol stinking his breath.

"N-no all I ev-ever do i-is be a pain and b-bother and I mess everything up I d-do a-and.." He mumbles.

Suddenly Rick let's go of Morty, pushing him on the floor. He picks up the bottle that's on the floor near where Morty was just laying. He looks Morty in the eyes, his face suddenly sober. "How many?" he growls shaking the very empty bottle.

"I-I don't kn-know..." He trails off and starts crying. "Th-the bottle was m-mostly full..."

Rick stands up and walks out the room, slamming the door behind him. Morty starts shaking even more. Did Rick just leave him to die?

Tears continue to fall from his eyes as the fatigue begins to overtake him. Of course he would be left to die alone. He closes his eyes and sprawls out on the floor.

"This is how I die probably. Ditched by Rick.. what else is knew.." He mumbles, feeling consciousness slipping away.

The last thing he can register is his door opening again and a sharp pain in his wrist.

Then it all goes black.