What a Catch! (Ron Weasley X Ravenclaw! Reader)

Start from the beginning

"He was being reckless out there and put your life at risk. I didn't want anything else bad to happen," Ron reasoned.

You rolled your eyes at the redhead. "How long have I been out?" You asked Luna.

"Since Friday, so about a week. I took it upon myself to get your missed classwork together. It's laying there on the night table, organized and sorted," Luna replied. Even if she was a bit odd, the girl had mad organization skills.

"Thank you," You said.

"It was no problem. Um, Ronald, could you give us a moment?" Luna asked Ron.

"Oh, sure. I'll go get us all some food," Ron said, although hesitantly. Of course he would get food, that boy.

"What was that all about?" You questioned, furrowing your eyebrows in confusion.

"I believe our Mr. Weasley here has quite the crush on you," Luna chirped gleefully.

"Ron? The Ron Weasley? The boy you obviously loves Hermione Granger, the Brightest Witch of Her Age? You've got to be joking," You protested.

"On the contrary, he and Hermione are just friends. I'm quite close to the group, I should know," she rebutted, "And besides, he has not left your side for a single moment. Every single teacher tried to make him leave for classes, but nothing worked, so he's been eating and doing classwork up here. Every night when I would come to check on you, I would here him singing to you, thinking no one could hear him. He's done little things like brush hair out of your eyes and every so often he would check your pulse, even though I reminded him you were still obviously breathing. Need I go on?"

"But him liking me? That's impossible!" You exclaimed, simply refusing to believe it.

You two went back and forth on the matter for quite some time when the tall, lanky redhead returned, bearing armfuls of food. He handed Luna a plate, which she thanked him for, set the plate for himself on his chair, and then turned to you with a plate piled high.

"I didn't know what you might feel like eating so I got a little bit of everything," he said in an almost bashful tone.

"Thank you, Weasley, that's very sweet of you," you smiled, when a devious thought came upon you. What if you tested the waters a bit and figured out for yourself if he liked you? So first you decided to try your hand at making him jealous.

"Luna, has Fred asked about me?" You asked, giving her a secretive wink, which she thankfully caught onto.

"Yes, he has. He's been very concerned," she said with a smirk.

"How sweet! That boy is just something else. How can anybody be so good looking, caring, and goofy, yet determined and bold all at once?" You replied back innocently.

"Fred! Since when have you had anything to do with Fred?" Ron exclaimed.

"Oh, I don't really have anything to do with him, but I must say he has caught my eye once or twice in the hallway. Those quidditch practices have done wonders for his muscles," you gushed.

"Why him? He's an idiot!" Ron was very jealous by nature, and it was definitely showing through.

"Why must you be so severe on your own brother?" You decided it was time to play around with some flirtation, "However, I must say, those quidditch practices have been marvelous to your features as well."

Just like that he became red as the hairs on his head and frozen like a deer in headlights. Luna stifled a giggle.

"And that gorgeous red hair...how has some lucky girl not picked you up already, Ronnikins?"you flirted, batting your eyelashes for good measure.

He then stood and made his way over to your bedside, draping one of his cool hands over your forehead before ghosting it over both cheeks.

"You're not warm...but you must be sick. Or maybe it's the medicine. You're talking nonsense," he shook his head.

"I'm only taking medication for a headache, that's what Luna told me. And I'm most certainly not sick. I just know a 'Keeper' when I see one," You winked.

"Luna, a moment please?" Ron said, glancing in Luna's direction. She smiled politely and nodded, standing and leaving with a secretive thumbs up in your direction.

As soon as she was out of the Hospital Wing and you were left alone with Ron, he did the unexpected and unimagined. He leaned foreword quickly and without hesitation, firmly planting his lips against yours with a certain air of urgency and frustration. His lips left the taste of strawberry tart on yours, and you were enchanted.

"So it's true," you said.

"That I like you? Of course," he said bluntly, "I told Luna to tell you that I like you so she could gauge your reaction. But I didn't think you would pull off this little game of yours."

You felt completely stupid for doing all that, all the while feeling completely blissful over the kiss you just shared. So you did the only sensible thing to do, and pulled him back down for an equally urgent and passionate kiss. When you broke for air, he looked stunned.

"So I take it you like me too?" He asked hopefully.

"Hmmmmm, I don't know...let me think about it for one more kiss," you smirked, and he pecked your lips affectionately, "Yes, I definitely like you too."

"Good. So may I counter your earlier quidditch pun by saying what a catch you are?" He said with a goofy grin.

"Oh, original. How long did it take you to come up with that one?" You laughed.

"Let's just say I've had plenty of time to think while worrying myself to death over the physical health of my crush," he replied.

And all was well.

I know, I know, it's been forever. And yes I know, that was a crappy ending. But I hope you enjoyed it, and please please please leave requests for more imagines in the comments! Just leave the name of the character/person you would like me to write about and a general idea of what you want it to be about. Thank you so much! ~B❤️