Chapter 2: Sugar

Mikey walked into a small room, on the door was a broken sign that said "caretakers lounge." The walls were baby blue, and a faded yellow. The whole hospital had this 60's vibe to it. The strong smell of coffee and the many pill bottles scattered throughout the room were very obvious and seemingly disregarded.

He saw two men sitting on at a small table talking. Each looked around 15 and 50 years old. The younger with dark brown hair and an abnormally large forehead. The older man had brown hair with streaks of gray and white. They both had striking dark brown eyes that almost made them look animated.

They both looked at him as he stood there awkwardly. Then, the older gentleman smiled at him.

"Hello! You must be Micha-"

"Mikey."

"-Mikey Way!" He chuckled

"Haha..yes." Mikey laughed nervously scratching at his arm

"Nice to meet you! I'm Boyd and this is my son Brendon! I'm a doctor here, and Brendon is joining me for the summer to help out!" Brendon smiled and waved

"That's nice of you.." Mikey smiled back

"Didn't have a choice." Brendon chuckled

Mikey have a feeling Brendon and him are going to get along.

"So, you can take this," Boyd grabbed a clipboard off of a shelf and handed it to Mikey," and introduce yourself to the patient you are assigned to care for."

Mikey looks down at the clipboard. "His name is Pete Wentz. He is 23 and has extreme bipolar disorder. He's a character, and is basically the ring leader of all the patients...his two year mark of being here is in a few weeks, and he is quite scary. So be careful." Boyd gave his the the thumbs up and sent him on his way.

Mikey walked down the old halls, following the map to find the room number matching a rather large room. He held the key card to the door as it beeped, signaling it was now unlocked.

He took a deep breathe before opening the door. Inside lay a twin bed, a barren window, and a smallish human sized heap on the floor. The heap was covered in a cheep tan hospital blanket. The room smelled of cancer sticks and a little-is that lavender?

Mikey stepped closer to the ball o' human on the floor. It didn't move. Godamnit now he has to fucking  touch it...move, move! MOVE!!

Silence.

Fu-

"WHAT DO YOU WANT DOC?!? IM NOT TAKING THISE GODAMM PILLS AG-" the heap screams, still not looking at Mikey

"Hey, HEY!! Calm down!" Mikey instinctively reach out and rub the heaps arm calmingly

The heap Immediately froze and revealed his face by shooting up to stand and looking down at Mikey in confusion. They stayed like this few what seemed like years until the "heap" of a patient spoke.

"Who are you?" He asked defenceivly

"I-I'm Mikey...your new primary caretaker..." Mikey stood up fearfully

A careless smirk appeared on the patients face. "Mikey...has a nice ring to it. You know...it fits..." he inched closer until he basically had Mikey against a wall.

"T-thanks...y-yours is P-Pete right..?" Mikey tried not to stammer

"Yes, I am." He pushed Mikey back against the wall holding his hands over his head.

Mikey looked at him nervously. He was scared. This guy seemed less big and tough than expected . They looked at each other for a moment before Pete pushed off Mikey and backed away still giggling evilly.

Mikey wanted to ask what was wrong with him. He also didn't want to die so...he didn't question it.

"I j-just came to i-introduce mys-self.." Mikey slid towards the door.

"Well..nice to meet you Mr.Way..."

Mikey froze" How did you know that was my last na-"

"I got connections, Sugar. I run the godamm place." He flopped on the bed

Mikey just left while he could. This would be...interesting.