1

"Sleeplessly embracing you,
Your yawn yearns into me,
Plenty more tears in the sea.
And so you finally use it.
Bedding with me you see at night,
Your heart wears Knight's armour.

Hunger of the Pine."

~ Alt-J ~

Betty shuffled through the array of clothing options in Polly's closet, as her older sister sat and watched wistfully from her bed. Polly had been put on bed rest right after Christmas and Betty had been making a point of keeping her company as much as possible.

Not only that, Veronica was having a 'Classy' New Year's Eve party, and Betty didn't have anything even remotely close to a cocktail dress.

"How did you sneak all this past mom?"

"I'd bring them home when she was at work, and I would hang them in the closet under other clothes"

"Brilliant"

"You didn't get all the smart genes" Betty smiled back at her sister before turning her attention to the multiple options in front of her. "-So is this like a big deal?"

"No, it's just a bunch of high schoolers playing dress up. Veronica said they did it all the time in New York, I guess she wants to continue the tradition here?"

"Still sounds fun. Where are her parents?"

"Her dad took her mom to Aspen for their wedding anniversary. They got married on New Year's Eve, that's weird right?"

"Lifestyles of the rich and famous"

"I guess so, hey? Anyway, Ronnie has the place to herself until the middle of January."

"All the stars are aligned. And I do love a man in a suit"

"Me too, I told Jughead he didn't have to wear one though. Ronnie said classy, not black tie"

"Have you told him how much you like him in a suit?"

"Yes"

"Then he'll show up in a suit, bet you any money"

Betty smiled pulling out a purple baby doll dress. Polly frowned immediately as Betty held it against herself and eyed up the full-length mirror.

"No, you'll look like a little girl at her mommy and daddy's party"

"But the cap shelves are so cute"

"No." Polly stated bluntly as she squinted at the closet "-Pull that gold one out"

Betty did as she was told pulling out a glitzy gold knee length dress with a halter neckline and a full skirt that billowed out the hip.

"It's pretty, but I was hoping to be comfortable and this fabric feels scratchy"

"What about the green one next to it?"

The younger sister pulled the next option out, a soft full-length form hugging dress with flashy beads crisscrossing down the straps in the back.

"It looks tight"

Polly rolled her eyes "Come on, Betty. Live a little"

Betty pulled out a simple black dress and gave Polly a questioning look.

"-Jesus Betty, you'll look like you're going to a funeral."

"Well, I don't know!! That's why I need your help!"

"Then be open to options!"

"Fine!"

"That cobalt blue one next," Polly said waving her hand towards her sister.