12 ⇒ detention

Mackenzie Ziegler

•••

I strip out of my school clothes and into my pe gear in the corner of the changing rooms, all by myself. The school regulation pe uniform is ugly; a blue exersize top and black drawstring shorts. Gross.

This is one of the only classes that I don't have Lauren or Johnny in, and the consequences of that are me getting ridiculed constantly. No matter how hard I try, I just can't play most sports; the dance and gymnastics section of pe is the only part I do well in. My body was made to twist and turn and stretch, not to throw and jump and run.

Girls all around me chatter about their sports teams and upcoming games, but the one thing I notice is that Nadia and her cronies stay longer than usual, giving me sideways glares and sniggering. I'm forever going to be a slow changer, and as the other girls around me leave one by one it only makes me more nervous. What are they planning?

As I'm not changed and there are only a few people left in the room, I grab my stuff and fast walk into one of the toilets; locking myself in.

When everyone leaves they taunt and tease me for a few minutes. Tears blur my eyes when I burst out of the stall, pushing past them into the gym.

•••

[265 words]

Hiiii

In the comment section, let me know if you've ever been bullied. I'm lucky I guess because I haven't- that I remember haha.

Love you all, don't forget to vote xo