As you followed the patrol through the woods, you continued to think of the dark tabby tom. You'd enjoyed his presence, and now that he'd left the clan, you wouldn't be able to spend time with him anymore.

The patrol traveled down the border that smelled strongly of ShadowClan, with a hint of RiverClan.

"Disgusting," Mousefur commented, wrinkling her nose. "How could StarClan let this happen? There are supposed to be four clans in the forest."

"Do you think we'll run into any other clan cats?" Thornpaw meowed, his tail-tip twitching.

"I don't know," Frostfur commented, her muzzle lifted as she sniffed the air. "If we do, hopefully there won't be many. There's very few of us."

"I think we could fight off the whole of 'TigerClan!'" Thornpaw huffed, saying the word 'TigerClan' as if it were the most disgusting thing he'd ever heard of.

The patrol continued for a while in silence, before a strong, yet familiar scent hit your muzzle. You opened your mouth to get a better scent, but you still couldn't put a word on the smell. Did your patrol smell it, too?

They most likely didn't; the patrol kept on trotting ahead of you, as if nothing were out of the ordinary. You couldn't just ignore it. Something about it was so... welcoming.

"Hey," You meowed, catching the attention of your fellow clan-mates. "I smell prey. You two continue on ahead, i'll catch up."

Mousefur blinked at you, her tail waving. "Alright," She meowed. "Just don't get too close to the border. We have enough trouble with the other clans as it is."

You nodded, before turning and padding back the way you'd come. You followed the scent along the border for a small while, before realizing it veered back off into ShadowClan territory. You blinked, slightly frustrated. It was another cat, you were sure. You took another breath in, straining to remember what that scent was.

Suddenly, a wave of realization hit you as a certain tabby flashed in your mind. "That's-"

You cut off as there was a snap from somewhere in front of you, and out of the shelter of a holly bush stepped a muscular, familiar shape. His amber eyes gleamed, and his ears were perked.

"Tigerstar!" You breathed, taking a step back. Fear rushed through you; was he angry with you for refusing to join him? What would he do to you?

"(W/n)," He rumbled, stepping confidently towards you. As always, his limbs were filled with energy and strength. You felt almost hypnotized by his gaze as his eyes locked with yours. "Long time no see."

You nodded, unable to speak. It had been moons since the tom had left ThunderClan, and you hadn't been to any gatherings since he'd become leader. You hadn't felt up to it, and you were scared of meeting him face-to-face after turning him down.

"How's the prey running in ThunderClan?" He meowed, though his voice was uninterested as he spoke of his former clan. Was he just trying to find ways to start a conversation with you? You mentally clawed yourself. He wouldn't do such a thing. At least, not for a cat like yourself.

"Fine." You meowed, trying hard to keep your tone even. "As good as usual, I guess."

"Then that's not bad." He meowed, his amber gaze narrowed. "Tell me, are my kits well taken care of?"

"Yes," You meowed, remembering the two apprentices back in your own clan. "Tawnypaw and Bramblepaw are well. They're already two of the strongest cats in the clan."

"I'm sure they are." Tigerstar had a slight purr in his voice as he seemed to remember his two kits. "Are they happy in ThunderClan?"

"They seem to be." You shrugged. You'd noticed how hesitant Tawnypaw was, but you didn't want to give the TigerClan leader a reason to attack ThunderClan. You may not fit in there, but you'd never want another cat to get hurt over something you'd accidentally said.

Tigerstar was quiet for a long moment, his gaze thoughtful as he looked at you. "Are you happy in ThunderClan?"

You tensed, unsure of how to answer. Were you happy in ThunderClan? All of your clan-mates only seemed to tolerate you, though they were always casting angry or suspicious glares in your direction. Even Firestar, ThunderClan's leader, seemed hesitant around you. You'd done your best to try and prove your loyalty to your birth clan, but since Tigerstar had left, no cat could trust you. Darkstripe, Tigerstar's former friend and one of his closest allies in ThunderClan, had been treated with hostility as well, and so had Longtail. Though, for some reason, you'd seemed to be the main target of ThunderClan's hostility.

No, you weren't happy. But if you joined Tigerstar's clan, would you ever feel comfortable? And, if you joined him, would you and Tigerstar ever become more than just simple friends?

You stayed quiet for a long time, while Tigerstar patiently waited your answer. You loved this tom. But what if he didn't feel the same way? You'd never feel comfortable unless you had a strong bond with some cat in TigerClan, and you didn't think the muscular tom in front of you would ever consider something like that. Yet, maybe you'd fit in more than you did in ThunderClan.

"I'm..." You stared at your paws. "No, i'm not happy." You admitted to him.

"ThunderClan is led by a weak-hearted cat," Tigerstar rumbled, his amber eyes seeming to glow with excitement. "Come to TigerClan. You'll be happier with me."

"What if I don't fit in?" You fretted, gazing up at him.

"You'll fit in." Tigerstar comforted you, leaning forward. His breath washed over your muzzle, and his familiar scent made you relax. "I need a cat that I've known for a long time, a cat I trust. I need you."

You froze at his last three words. 'I need you.' Did he really need you? The thought made your heart skip a beat. If you left with Tigerstar now, you'd never have to go back to ThunderClan. They wouldn't have to worry about where your loyalties lie, or if they could trust you. Even if Tigerstar didn't feel the same way for you, at least you would be making everyone happy, including yourself.

"Come with me." Tigerstar insisted, weaving around you. The warmth of his pelt made you sigh, your entire body relaxing. "We can be the strongest cats in the entire forest. With you at my side, none of the clans will stand a chance."

You locked eyes with him once again, your breath shaking as you nodded. "I'll come with you." You meowed, your voice soft but sure.

Tigerstar's eyes brightened at this, and his throat rumbled with a loud purr. "I'm glad to hear you say that." He meowed, his muzzle brushing against your cheek. "I promise, you won't regret this."

As you followed Tigerstar across the border and deeper into TigerClan territory, for the first time in your life, you felt a sense of purpose. You were determined to prove yourself to your new clan, and maybe, Tigerstar would see you as more than just a friend.

***END***

(A/N): Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed it! I'm so sorry if it didn't exactly suit the song, like I said i'm new to making song-fics or whatever they're called. If you enjoyed it, please vote and comment your suggestions!