Monday

It all started with a snarky comment from Setsuna Monday morning.

Haruka was seated at the table, munching on some cereal before she went to her classes. She glanced up as her flatmate entered the kitchen and noticed how tired she looked.

"Nh, long night designing Sets?" asked Haruka with a hand covering her mouth so cereal didn't fly everywhere.

Setsuna gave her a pointed look, "I took the bedroom next to yours because I wanted to protect Hotaru, not because I enjoy listening to you and Michiru."

Haruka grinned, "Ahh, sorry." She didn't sound the least bit sorry. The blonde had been gone the last week for a qualifying race in Australia. Their time apart always took a toll on her. So when she returned on the weekend, it was only expected. "Sunday is Michiru's favorite night to make love."

"You're lucky Michiru doesn't care about her honor," Haruka looked up at Setsuna.

Thoroughly confused, she asked "What?"

The black haired woman poured herself a cup of coffee. "I suppose you two are committed enough to each other to skip over marriage, but I imagine some still talk about the dishonor of your relationship."

The blonde frowned. Her friend's words didn't settle right with her… Honor, as old fashioned as it was, was still important. Michiru's honor wasn't at stake was it? Sex before marriage was a huge dishonor on the family, yet Haruka had no family to impress. She wondered what Michiru's estranged parents thought of their relationship… Did they pick up those gossip magazines and shake their head in shame at the sight of their perfect daughter with her?

Most magazines focused on the fact that they were both women, but every so often she would skim over one that criticized their lifestyle. They were raising a teenager with another woman. It hurt to read rumors that suggested either of them were being unfaithful with their roommate. Haruka never understood how or why the authors would write that. She and Michiru were practically already married! They had been together for nearly four years!

Shit, Haruka thought. Their anniversary was this weekend. What's a better surprise on their anniversary than a proposal?

She gasped, making her housemate look over. "Does Michiru want to get married?" As far back as she could recall, Michiru had never once mentioned it but… Did that mean she was against it? If she proposed, it wouldn't hurt anything. The press might finally leave them alone or better yet, Michiru's parents might finally agree to have lunch with them somewhere. If nothing else, a ring would be the perfect present.

Setsuna shrugged, "It's not legal even if-" She stopped when she realized Haruka wasn't listening. The guardian of time rolled her eyes at the determined look on the blonde's face.

"Tell Michi I've got some errands to run after class." Haruka stood from the table and left her half-eaten bowl of cereal for the older woman to clean up. "See you later, Sets."

The athletic woman bounded into the living room and waved to Hotaru, who stood in front of the mirror fixing her hair. "Bye Hotaru-chan, Michiru will have to drive you this morning."

"But she's not even up yet!" Haruka grinned at the famous teenage sigh that followed her daughter's words. They grow up so fast…

"Have a good day at school, hime-chan."

The blonde quickly escaped before Hotaru could complain and guilt trip her into driving her to school. Haruka didn't mind driving her daughter to school at all, but she needed to begin planning immediately.

It took the racer less than twenty minutes to arrive on campus. She was an hour early, which was unusual. Haruka glanced down at her watch, smiled, and strolled over to one of the computer labs nearby. Although she was never a fan of research, she was set on finding the best jewelry store in Japan.