Chapter 5

A/N: I just realised the 'Jack and Rose' reference. I didn't mean to do that but I'm not changing the main characters name :) (I do like Titanic though) I also found out Gilette's first name is Charles. Charles Gillette 😂 Hope you enjoy this chapter!

Jack and Will hid under a longboat at the waters edge while I made my way to the docks, where the Interceptor is; along with James. Bloody James Norrington. When I finally got there, I was stopped by Gillette.

"Sorry, Miss Parris. No civillians are allowed on this dock." He gave me a serious look then suddenly burst out laughing. I just stared at him. Idiot. "By God, Rosanna. I'm joking. You didn't really think I was serious, did you?"

"Actually, I did." I started laughing and nudged Gillette's arm. "You are awful."

"I know." He laughed. "Norrington is on the Interceptor. He really does love you, Rosanna." I walk down the dock, onto the Interceptor and sneak up behind James. I notice Gillette and some others in a longboat heading towards the Dauntless. It was a good plan 'till now.

"Hello James." I said a little too loud, causing him to jump about a metre in the air.

"My word, Rosanna. You scared me half to death."

"Sorry."

"It's alright. So, will you be returning to the Navy?" He asks.

"I'm afraid not. Elizabeth is out there somewhere with dangerous pirates. My sister is most likely with her." I say, holding back the tears.

"Rosanna, I promise we will find them." I nod and walk to the side of the ship only to see Jack and Will climbing up the back of it. I quickly run off the ship to where James is, still looking at a bloody map. Just as I get there, Lieutenant Groves approaches James.

"Commodore!" He yells at James. We all turn to see Gillette and the other men in a longboat, coming towards us.

"They've taken the Dauntless!" Gillette yells, standing at the front of the longboat. "Commodore! They've taken the ship! Sparrow and Turner! They're taking the Dauntless!"

"Rash, Turner. Too rash." James says, then turns to me. "Rosanna, do you know anything about this?"

"No, James. I don't"

"Alright. That is, without doubt, the worst pirate I have ever seen." James walks onto the ship. "Everyone, on the Interceptor!" I sneak on the ship without anyone noticing. And guess what? I come face to face with James. "Rosanna, what are you doing here?"

"Thought I'd come for a ride, if that's okay with you." It's too late now as we are right next to the Dauntless. The Naval men throw ropes and are boarding the Dauntless. Then I see Jack and Will swing onto the Interceptor. I quickly run over to them and help cut the ropes connecting the two ships. Jack is at the wheel and waves his hat at James, who is on the Dauntless.

"Thank you, Commodore, for getting us ready to make way! We'd have had a hard time by ourselves!" Jack yells at him. The Naval men start shooting at us, forcing us to duck down. Within a few minutes, we were sailing to Tortuga. "Rose, are you sure you want to do this? You just left your fiancé, although he is a slimy git."

"Yes, I'm sure. My best friend and sister are out there somewhere and I intend to find them."

***

"When I was a lad living in England, my mother raised me by herself." Will told Jack and I while sharpening his sword. "After she died, I came here, lokking for my father."

"Is that so?" Jack asked.

"My father, Bill Turner? At the jail it was only after you learned my name you agreed to help. Since that's what I wanted I didn't press the matter." Jack walked away to tie a rope down on the port side of the ship. "I'm not a simpleton, Jack. You knew my father."

"I knew him. Probably one of the few who knew him as William Turner. Everyone else just called him 'Bootstrap' or 'Bootstrap Bill."

"Bootstrap?" Will asked as Jack walked to the helm to fix another rope.

"Good man. Good pirate. I swear, you look just like him."

"It's not true." Will defended. "He was a merchant sailor. A good, respectable man who obeyed the law."

"He was a bloody pirate, a scallywag."

Will drew his sword and pointed it at Jack; causing me to draw mine and point it at him. "My father was not a pirate!"

"Will, I suggest you put your sword away because if you kill my friend, I will have no choice but to kill you." Jack looked shocked at my sudden outburst.

"Yes, put it away, son. It's not worth you getting beat again."

"Sorry, have I missed something?"

"You didn't win before. You ignored the rules of engagement. In a fair fight, I'd kill you." Will spat.

"Will, Jack is a pirate. Has been for many years. No offence, but I doubt you would beat an experienced pirate in a sword fight. Also, two against one isn't fair on you."

"Exactly, Rose. That's not much incentive for me to fight fair, is it, William?" Jack suddenly turned the wheel and Will got caught on a pole, and was now hanging over the water.

"Now, as long as you're just hanging there, pay attention." Jack tells Will while holding a sword to him. "The only rules that matter are these: what a man can do, and what a man can't do. For instance, you can accept that your father was a pirate and a good man, or you can't. Pirate is in your blood, so you'll have to square with that someday. Me, for example, I can let you drown, but Rose and I can't bring this ship into Tortuga all by ourselves, savvy?" I walk over to Will and Jack brings Will back on deck.

"Will," I say while holding out his sword to him, "can you sail under the command of a pirate? Or can you not?"

"Tortuga?" Will asks.

"Tortuga." Jack and I confirm.

***

We are pretty close to Tortuga and Will and I are sitting close to the wheel, which is being controlled by Jack.

"Rosanna, how is it that you know so much about pirates and ships?" Will asks. I look up to Jack and he nods. I guess I owe him the truth.

"Will, have you heard of a Captain Petrova?"

"Yes. Oh god, that's you, isn't it?"

"Correction, that was me. I am a pirate, Will. See?" I pulled up my sleeve to reveal my branded scar.

"How long were you a pirate before showing up in Port Royal?"

"I'd say about two years. My sister and I; her real name is Becky. We ran away from home when I was sixteen and she was twelve, along with my best friend Maria. The three of us aquired a ship and crew until the crew led a mutiny against us. That was when we ran into 'Lord Cutler Beckett'." I explained.

"Wow.. How has no one seen your mark on your arm?"

"I hide it. That's why I don't know if I should marry James. If he finds out I'm a pirate, he would kill me himself." Will nods and Jack opens his mouth.

"Alright, pirates, we are arriving at Tortuga."