『 friday 』

chapter five; revival
friday

[•✿•]

Darling, breathe for me, it's now or never.

After the longest talk with Jeongguk, he reluctantly bid me goodbye for the night, feeling a puzzle of emotions, some fitting together and others still unknown. It left me to where I was now, back on the counter of Melt on a Friday morning, waiting for a spritely boy in unique clothing and a head of messily curled brunette and pink locks. My fingers only had to tap for a couple minutes before he came through the door exactly at opening time. Our eyes and smiles met and it was greeting enough before I threw him the simple uniform of an apron and cap. He expertly caught the apron with his neck and stopped the cap mid-air, quickly adjusting it on his head.

I gave a small tsk to the display.

"Show off," I playfully rolled my eyes while failing at hiding my inner temptation to laugh.

He just mockingly gave a tsk back, " you know you love it."

I kept my flustered stomach at bay and just waved my hand dismissively.

"Yeah, yeah, just do your thing, trash boy."

"Of course– uh– register boy," he realized that his comeback wasn't all that powerful so he poked his tongue out like a child and proceeded to get his supplies prepared.

I snickered in my sleeve before tending to the first customers of the day, seeing a pattern of regulars starting to appear alongside with new faces I was glad to make acquaintance to. I enjoyed tending to Yoongi and Namjoon once again and had a small, interesting conversation with Hoseok and Jimin over dancing and getting an invite over to their studio at some point in time over my ten minute break. I could see Jeongguk getting along with them very well, seeing an exchange of papers between him and the dancing pair, and I had a feeling we'd all be found together outside of the shop sometime soon.

The day had gone by faster than expected this time, fully enjoying the day instead of letting blurred thoughts linger like before.

Streetlights had been turned on and illuminated walkways outside while we dimmed ours. A pixie had passed out on a table he had just cleaned, his cheek squishing the white matte surface. Gently taking off his cap and ruffling his mop, a smile was hard to contain.

I could feel him stir under my fingertips and he looked up with the most sleep-ridden expression. Adorable.

"What is it?" He rubbed his eyes in fists and slumped into the backrest of his chair.

"It's closing time. I don't want you to sleep here overnight," I said matter-of-factly.

His eyes suddenly looked like they were about to pop out of their sockets.

"CLOSING TIME?"

I just nodded, not sure about why he was suddenly so alert at 10 o' clock at night.

"Yes..."

"Oh shit, I have to get somewhere, I'm sorry," he runs a hand through his hair and gives an apologetic stare in my direction, his eyes still large and sparkling.