Chapter Thirty-Six

Start from the beginning

Things were somewhat back to normal between the two boys, at least, they were able to talk to one another without it being awkward. The problem was the curfew couldn't have come at a worse time because there was no chance of them sneaking around or having any moments of privacy. But with their feelings confirmed and being able to be around each other seemed to help. 

There were moments where Cedric would steal a glance and tuck Milo's messy hair back when it fell into the boy's face. Paden seemed to rejoice in the reunion of the two as he spent most of his time climbing back and forth between the boys. Milo was thankful to have Cedric back in his life regularly and not having to be stuck in a state of confusion that had been driving him mental. But things were going to get complicated that evening when Harry approached Milo briefly in the boy's lavatory.

"Can you meet Ron and I near the Entrance Hall without getting caught?" Harry whispered to him.

Milo glanced over at him with a wary look. " Harry, we really shouldn't-"

"I think I know what's been behind the attacks, it might be in the forest. If anyone knows how to navigate the forest, I know it's you."

Milo wasn't stupid,  he knew Harry was using words of flattery to get him to go along with the plan but Milo thought of putting an end to the attacks, restoring the school back to order and he couldn't pass up the chance to enter the forest. His mind wandered to the Marauders Map and then gave a nod of his head.

"Yeah, I'll be there but I hope you're right, 'Arry. If my mum finds out, we better hope the creature gets to us first before she deals with us."

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Milo waited in the dorms until it was time for him to leave with the Marauders Map opened to see where the professors were stationed in the castle when he finally made his way out. He noted that all the prefects weren't in a position to stop him from leaving as long as he moved fast. His dorm mates were either in the shower or in the other dorms giving him the perfect opportunity.

However, as soon as he stood up with Paden resting in his hair, Cedric showed up.

Cedric noted that Milo was fully dressed, raising a questioning brow.

"Going somewhere?"

Milo rubbed his hands together nervously unable to meet Cedric's gaze.

"Looks like you're about to go out somewhere-"

"My brother needs me, Cedric," Milo told him quietly.

"He needs you to what? Risk getting attacked by whatever it is that's roaming this castle. Milo,  you can't go out-"

"But I have to."

Cedric frowned, not liking the idea of Milo venturing out of the dorms after curfew, especially since it would probably get him into trouble. With whatever it was attacking students,  Cedric didn't want Milo to become the next one just because Harry was being foolish and sneaking about when he wasn't supposed to.

But before Cedric could say anything else, Milo had his wand drawn and pointed in his face.

"Sorry,  Cedric, " Milo whispered, "Petrificus Totalus!"

A white light emitted from Milo's wand and hitting Cedric right in the chest. As the boy's limbs became stiff rigid, he came completely still and nearly fell over but Milo caught him and slowly lowered him into his bed. He proceeded to cover him with blankets while apologizing profusely to Cedric. Paden entered a state of panic as he chirped profusely at Milo.