Chapter 7: Shock Me

Start from the beginning

“So,” she said, “you’re leaving for Washington tomorrow?”

“Yep,” Lindy nodded, “Let’s just hope she doesn’t react so badly when I tell her…”

Ami reached out and popped a sweet chewy cookie in her mouth. When Lindy first told her about the girl, she was so shocked about her godly parent. But she did keep it a secret, though. She knew Lindy trusted her that’s why she told her about it.

After finishing the cookies, Lindy didn’t leave yet like Ami expected. The old lady stared at the view in front of them.

After a long silence, she suddenly asked, “Is her mom mad about it?”

Lindy sighed and admitted, “Honestly Ami, I don’t know. But I hope she won’t hate her mother. She might treat herself as an outcast, someone who doesn’t belong. But she’s not. She’s very very special.”

Ami nodded in agreement. She somehow felt left out like her, too. The Big Three only had a few children these days, and she was one of them. She was powerful but she didn’t know how to use that power yet. The worse thing is, she had to keep the whole thing from her mother.

“We’re both special,” Ami found herself saying. Lindy smiled sadly at her, “Dear, you won’t hurt anybody. Soon you’ll be able to control those abilities of yours. You’re a child of the Big Three. You have a purpose.”

Ami felt a little comforted by her words. “Spero ut ...” she muttered under her breath. When she knew she was a demigod, she’d been learning Latin already.

Then a question popped in her mind. “Lindy, how come there wasn’t a prophecy about it? Maybe it’s all wrong.”

“The goddess is sure about her daughter. I have no idea why there wasn’t a prophecy. Maybe it’s yet to come.”

“She’ll go on a quest,” Ami spoke her thoughts. “She’ll be a hero.”

“And I’m sure you will be, too.” Lindy assured her and got up from her seat, “I have to go to work now.”

Ami stood up as well and followed her to the living room. Lindy was already heading out the door.

“Oh, Amelia, one more thing.” Lindy said as Ami came up to her, “Your friends want to meet you at the mall.”

Ami cocked an eyebrow, “Who could that be? You know I’m not really allowed to go outside.”

The old lady winked at her, “You know who they are, Ami. And your mom can always be fooled.”

The girl bit back a smirk as Lindy closed the door. She skipped to the kitchen to talk to her mom.

“Mom,” she said. Her mom looked up at her. “Mrs. Meadow’s taking me somewhere. May I go out?”

Her mom gave her a confused look but she said, “Alright, Amelia. Just be home before noon. And be careful.”

Ami immediately rushed to her room to change. She put on an aqua blue sleeveless dress and some ballet flats. She tied her brown hair into a high pony tail with a ribbon then grabbed her purse. Not caring who she was meeting with, she dashed outside the front door and took the cab to the mall.

~ΔΟΛ~ ΔΟΛ~ ΔΟΛ~

This mall was one of Ami’s favorite malls. In fact it was the only mall she’d been to. She decided to just wait for that ‘friend’ in a pizza place. She sat on one of the chairs and waited, not bothering to order something.